1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Complaints about DGN tag

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Fred JonesTheMemeLord, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Fred JonesTheMemeLord Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90106562
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2016
  2. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Steam:
    plus u can not say anything when you send in the thing i sent it in 49 days ago and i dont know if i did something wrong?
  3. The Slow Scout

The Slow Scout New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:101591351
    "You agree that you will never engage in trade fraud, deceptive trade practices, account hijacking, gambling scams, or any other fraud. Your appeal will be reversed if you break this agreement."

This means AFTER. When agreeing, you agree to NEVER take part of a scam again whether you are the scammer yourself, or you're helping someone else scam. When you file an appeal, the agreement from you is needed which tells the staff and others that you will not do such actions ever again.
    Edward. likes this.
  4. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Steam:
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You were identified as an alt. You used your "Pingas" account to act as a "middleman" in a spycrab wager, only to then steal said items, and ultimately abandon the account after getting marked. Your appeal was rejected because evidence was still sufficiently intact to uphold the tag, and you were deemed to still pose a risk to the community. In the process of reviewing your case, we found your other unmarked account.
  6. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Steam:
    yeah but i also tried to appell on my pingus one and got rejected this is just some lazy way to say yeah shure you don't have a ban and if you get a legeacy ban its the same thing you guys think you run everything f✿✿✿ that legit im still being punished for something i did 3 years ago for a craft hat that i did not even keep and then one of your steamrep admins take 1000$ from a guy you will apell him f✿✿✿ that.
  7. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Steam:
  8. Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro FirePowered Head Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49525162
    Edward. likes this.
  9. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    @Fred JonesTheMemeLord
    1. This happened 3 years ago, even before you got your tag in the first place, but you're only bringing it up now?
    2. That middleman was never a part of SteamRep staff, he was given the middleman tag as an honorary title after a number of years volunteering for other partner communities.
    3. Petey gained the trust of not only SteamRep, but also Valve, as a community moderator with the ability to ban other people's accounts or delete their content uploaded in Steam.
    4. Once we became aware of the situation, we not only issued a scammer tag (within less than 24 hours), but also immediately contacted Valve.
      • ALL of his accounts were then promptly trade banned, in addition to him getting kicked out of the Steam community moderator program because of this notification.
      • This was one of the very few exceptional situations in which we involved Valve when tagging someone, and it resulted in a permanent trade ban on all his accounts, forever.
      • With above in mind, community admins are held to a higher standard. We don't play favorites, and he remains both banned and tagged to this day.
    5. This former middleman not only remains banned to this date, but in response to the incident we declared there will NEVER be another SteamRep middleman again, and all existing SR MIDDLEMAN tags were removed. Go check for yourself, no SR MIDDLEMAN tags to be found.
    How does this support your point, exactly? I know you're grasping for something to fit your "corrupt admin" narrative, but this is really a poster child of how we handle it when/if a community admin goes rogue. If you listened to that video you dropped here from Googling for examples of SteamRep staff being corrupt, you would hear UnknownVenom say
  10. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Steam:
    so this just means im perma banned thats great.
  11. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well don't look at it that way - look at it as a life lesson. You can now be a good trader (you are not trade banned by SR) and spread the word of safe trading for all others.
    Help educate others on how to be a good trader in the future and a good citizen for all mankind.
  12. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Steam:
    what do you mean i am rejected so i am still banned by SR
  13. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Steam:
    so how will i be able to spread anything or trade?
  14. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    I think Horse means you aren't trade banned in Steam.

Tags were never meant to be temporary, that's no different in your case. It's not about you, or getting even with the victim, but everyone else who might trust you. They have a right to know you scammed.

Only difference here is that the community who tagged you is gone, which means a lot of the evidence is gone. Since we require evidence to brand someone as a scammer, we created a special appeal process where tags are reviewed on a case by case basis to determine if there's enough evidence (or even information) about the offense to keep a tag. In your case, the community who tagged you quit working with us but the evidence is still mostly intact for their tags because the site is still live and we have archives.
  15. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    @Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Nice try to put some dirt on SteamRep with an irrelevant video from 3+ year ago, you still didn't elaborate on those replies you got on your older post(s) and that video neither. That video is about a old SR Middleman gone rogue, you mentioned "steamrep admins take $1000" if I understood everything. You are making random accusations but you can't prove anything and you think you deserve an unban after all of this, really? You didn't even respond properly to my nor Lava's post, just attached some video you looked up after your false accusations that "SteamRep admins are taking bribes for an appeal".

Well after all of this I would be blown away if an appeals admin would grant your appeal and remove the banned tag(s).

Good luck in your future endeavours!
  16. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    His tag decision was already finalized and set in stone, so nothing for us to do really. That's why he's complaining, he's upset that his tag not only says "appeal rejected" below it, but also that his alt got linked and that appeal was rejected too. Speaking ill of us wouldn't influence someone's appeal though. Lying might, but we're not petty, and expressing hate for everything we do wouldn't preclude anyone from a fair appeal.
    Edward. and Roudydogg1 like this.
  17. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Steam:
    Yes it's true that I did I found it on google and half of my point was in anger but like you where saying but like you said im not trade ban but every community based there influince on steamrep bans which is not your fault but theres so its sort of like a trade ban because no body would want to trade with me which is the one reason I wanted to get an appell but if I got rejected and I used to unusual trade which is the trading people check up on you which is the one reason why I Quit tf2 and yes I know i got rejected but i still don't understand about the rejection is it cause there is evidence to prove im still guilty or is it just cause I am banned it stays like this

Hope I can get some help understanding and sorry for getting a shitty video out of anger on google.
  18. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    As explained in the document explaining legacy tags, those are downgraded based on evidence. If there's enough evidence for a SteamRep tag, the appeal will get rejected. We do sometimes grant change of heart appeals, but generally not for serious offenses like impersonating admins to scam. There wasn't even sufficient evidence that you repayed or were sorry, so even if this were less serious and a SteamRep tag you'd have no grounds to grant an appeal.
  19. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Steam:
    but i never said i was an admin i just said i would middle man
  20. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Steam:
    so i cant get a legecy ban because the ban wasent from steamrep so its a perma thing but dosen't the community that banned me not exist anymore and plus i asked to repay the victim and i have gotten no help what so ever to try to give them back there items