1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198081399403 - (Tooth Fairy / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Tooth Fairy, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Tooth Fairy

Tooth Fairy Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60566837
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198081399403 (Tooth Fairy)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Premeditation, "consideration or planning of an act beforehand that shows intent of committing that act". In some senses the premeditation has to occur only moments before the act, while in others it must precede the act by an appreciable amount of time.

The unfortunate thing(s) that I've done were not an act of premeditation. I will admit, they're not great and it's of course a new low of me, but I assure you I did not go out of my way to plan a scam on USAFMike, the false information that was provided in the moment, as chats were going on. It was a rushed process in the moment panic.

Proof:
    Time I uploaded the fake picture/made fake picture:
    http://imgur.com/a/AwIBm

Time I made the trade:
    https://m.imgur.com/kKTtaBn

I know I could have simply made the picture and uploaded it at a later date, but that is not what I did. I agree it was a low of me, but I can't agree that I planned to scam USAFMike days in advanced. It was a rushed thing, a stupid thing and above all else, a one time thing.
    Finally it could be argued that I respectively returned Mike's items due to the report, however, the item was sent back to Mike significantly before the time the report was filed (with consideration of the time zones).

Proof :
    Time I made the trade:
    https://m.imgur.com/kKTtaBn

Time the report was created (included on the screenshot):
    http://imgur.com/a/8ebT0

Thanks for taking the time to read this appeal, I hugely regret my actions on that one night. All the best and many thanks.

- tooth​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Alts need to be listed by SteamRep block, not custom URL. Please provide full SteamRep blocks for all your alternate accounts.
  3. Tooth Fairy

Steam:
  4. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Normally, we're more likely to grant an appeal if items were returned immediately and a good reason were given. It's a requirement for the appeal to be considered, but not a guarantee the appeal will be granted. Because you also provided doctored screenshots, in order to commit the scam, your actions were clearly premeditated. Whether they took 2 minutes to produce, or 2 weeks, you performed more affirmative actions than simply defaulting on payment and later returning items. While you were producing and uploading these images, and before you convinced Mike to send their hat, you had time to step back and reevaluate your actions, but you instead pushed forward for free money. That is what we mean by "premeditated".

It would be a stretch to grant leniency in your case for anyone, but you scammed someone while wearing a tag as a community admin, a position in which there should be zero reason to question your integrity. I could maybe understand someone new committing fraud and then quickly having second thoughts, and perhaps downgrading their tag in the right circumstances, but you had that opportunity long before receiving your admin tag. We hold community admins to a higher standard. You gained the trust of the community, which takes years, to help prevent scams like this from happening, and then betrayed that trust in the name of profit. The amount you took relative to the price of your backpack is ultimately not relevant to the appeal.

It is good that you returned the hat, but you have broken your trust with the community, and I can't in good conscience overturn your mark. What assurance do we have you wouldn't do this again in the same desperate situation? Tell me, exactly why should I consider your appeal at all?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  5. Tooth Fairy

Steam:
    I had time to step back and reevaluate your actions, but you instead pushed forward for free money. I did have time to take a step back and reevaluate my actions however I made the choice to not do anything, to re-right the wrong. The Rep I've gathered with Steam and Rep Threads is nothing to the rep and connection I've gathered with the many friends and traders and admins alike on and around, deep or on the surface of TF2. I took them for granted, and unmarking me won't change the bridges I've burned, just POOF, gone. I'm not about to leave like this, not about to leave what I've been apart of and help protect off a blinded misguided mistake. I know I'm better then that. Even if I get unmarked, or a Caution. It's not a free pass. I've let a lot of people down, and its up to you if I can start to right that wrong with the people I've known for years.you had time to step back and reevaluate your actions, but you instead pushed forward for free money. I did have time to take a step back and reevaluate my actions however I made the choice to not do anything, to re-right the wrong. The Rep I've gathered with Steam and Rep Threads is nothing to the rep and connection I've gathered with the many friends and traders and admins alike on and around, deep or on the surface of TF2. I took them for granted, and unmarking me won't change the bridges I've burned, just POOF, gone. I am not about to leave like this, not about to leave what I've been apart of and help protect off a blinded misguided mistake. I know I'm better then that. Even if I get unmarked, or a Caution. It's not a free pass. I've let a lot of people down, and its up to you if I can start to right that wrong with the people I've known for years.
    Over the years of trading, handling ban appeals and admin applications. You start to get a tough skin, to Toxic players, to jerks and scammers.I never put myself in the shoes of the person that was making the appeals, never understood that someone could have emotions like this to a community. I've seen people plea for there unmark and bans, I undervalued thoses because I forget that names on Steam, have a name behind them, assigned to a person. I've messed up once, and in my books that to many times, a thousand times to many. I've lost way more then I could have possibily imagined. Above all else, I regret my actions, and I'm sorry.
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    You are free to try and keep or rebuild your social network, reworking those bridges you burned. Whether your past friends will speak with you despite what you did, or despite the mark, is between them and you. However, I cannot overlook your actions out of pity, and it's a part of your history now, so the tag will stay.