1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197963023702 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by USAFMike, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20981877
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197963023702

Victim profile: 76561198002229482

What happened? Description:
    This guy approached me with an offer of $3,100. Seen him around in the past, never found any dirt, had stuff to lose sort of. Trusted him. The whole thing took some time, he said he needed to transfer money, and it was late Saturday. The money was pending on Sunday, so things were set for Monday. Forget when but at some point he suggested sites that I could list the hat on for him to buy it off of. But the genius I am, I said nah, it was ok. So today we're ready to trade. We confirm the deal amongst random chat, he said he was ready on his end, I send a trade offer for his hat, he accepts. Then there's some waiting and chatting. Then offline he goes. I check his profile and I see I'm removed from his friendlist. Failed one of my good friends on Steam I was brokering the hat for, and failed myself. This will haunt me for a very....very long time.​

Provide Evidence:
    Uploading screenshots of our chats, my inventory history showing the trade (along with his ID and confirming the effect of the Law), his profile showing me removed from it, and my PayPal summary showing he never paid.​

Attached Files:

2. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    And the Law effect.

Attached Files:

3. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    And the Law is no longer in his inventory. It was dumped somewhere else almost immediately.
  4. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    Mistyped in the first post in the description of what happened part. Should have read "I send a trade offer with my hat, he accepts".
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    So you didn't find no dirt yet the user isn't active on any major trading sites and some what magically appeared as of around October from what I can tell... likely a purchased account and you didn't see any red flags?
    Gonna sit on this report a little bit may have a few questions.
  6. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    Obviously looking back now, I realize each way I f✿✿✿ed up, thanks. And some people don't do business via trading sites, happens. I didn't realize the account was possibly purchased. Lot of things I missed.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok lets get an update since you are clearly around @USAFMike
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History for last few days to present (NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for let’s say the last several days full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload here.

Yes I know I already have this .. asking for them again new.
  8. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    Here you go.

Attached Files:

9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.