1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198238808322 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by [TGT] KillingPigs123, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [TGT] KillingPigs123

[TGT] KillingPigs123 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56521306
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198238808322

Victim profile: 76561198073308340

What happened? Description:
    I've put up a trade on CSGOLounge stating that I'd be trading my ST Bayonet Crimson Web Field Tested and this guy adds me saying he saw my trade on CSGOLounge. He decides to make me get a Dota 2 item first so I can give it to him and he gets away with the item and I get scammed. I was playing along with him, saying I already have the item to see what he says. I eventually tell him that I'm aware he's scamming and saying I'm not a ✿✿✿✿✿✿.​

Provide Evidence:
    I accepted his first trade request after I had said I had the item to see what he'd do, however he closed it and made another request before blocking me.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Was item on market already? Link to listing?
  3. [TGT] KillingPigs123

Steam:
    He had a Bayonet Slaughter which was worth $170 (or so) on the market and he wanted me to first buy the item and give it to him before he gives me the knife. Here's the link to the item: http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Autographed Armguards of the Dwarf Engineer
    As you can see it goes for a high price even though it never gets sold because it's an Autographed item.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok which one is his? He clearly wants you to buy one specific... would need to know who the user has it your buying it from?
    See without knowing exactly which account the item is coming from you would be buying from what several different accounts and then its just speculation on whats happening.. a value dispute between items.
  5. [TGT] KillingPigs123

Steam:
    He wanted me to purchase the item directly from the market and trade it to him so he could give me the slaughter. I think I might have mis-categorized this by accident, if so I really apologize.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    no that's fine - but what I'm saying is for this to be somewhat scam related I'd think he would point directly to one of those which would be like from an alt account or friends account....follow me?
  7. [TGT] KillingPigs123

Steam:
    I see what you're saying but he didn't link me to anything he just told me to give him the item in exchange for your knife, which I didn't do as I remember I've been scammed with this method a while ago.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Can't prove the user was manipulating a deal with say an alternate account or friends account having you buy the item from them for a huge amount then running...that is what I'm seeing you trying to describe but you can't point me to the exact item from a certain user.... can't see how it would be proven without that.
  9. [TGT] KillingPigs123

Steam:
    I'm getting really confused here - the user wanted me to obtain the item in order for me to give him the item in exchange for his bayonet slaughter. The item on the Steam Market is worth about $100 (the dota 2 item) however in reality it's actually worthless because it's autographed (from what I think as I don't play Dota 2 but that's what I've seen in my past experiences) and if I purchase it he could leave me hanging with a useless item I payed $100 for I can't even re-sell.
    This is the link to the Dota 2 item I'm speaking of: http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Autographed Armguards of the Dwarf Engineer
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ok I'm not concerned with an items worth.. sr doesn't get involved with pricing value disputes - What I'm saying is the ONLY way this is considered a scam is if they wanted you to buy said item from the market from an alt account or friends account - once you did that then they would haul ass and not trade you... understand now?
    Otherwise all they are doing is maybe trolling you which isn't a scam.
  11. [TGT] KillingPigs123

Steam:
    I see now. He didn't directly ask me to buy it from the market because I said I have the item to see what he'd say, however the fact he wanted me to trade him the item first and then later only trade my knife made me suspect he's trying to scam me.
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Sketchy yes.. but nothing conclusive to prove a scam was going to happen...for all we know he may have traded.
    Archiving at this time due to the above.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.