1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

"Accused was banned"

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by J3lly, Feb 11, 2017.

1. J3lly

J3lly New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:131098778
    Banned from what? I've reported a few guys and I will most likely have more in the future to report, but why do I do this? Part of the people adding me to scam me are actually having an existing ban on their account.. What.. What happens when I report somebody and an administrator accepts it?
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    The user is flagged as banned on SteamRep. This not only flags their profile for anyone who looks them up before a risky trade (which you should always do), but it also bans them from community sites/servers that use the banlist. This would be sites like tf2outpost, dota2lounge, csgolonge, etc, etc. A large number of community-oriented trade sites leverage our API and ban list in some way.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. J3lly

J3lly New User

Steam:
    Is there a full list of sites that use the banlist, as you mentioned?
  4. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    No.

Although the majority, if not all, the sites with banners on https://steamrep.com/ use it.
  5. J3lly

J3lly New User

Steam:
    It's the majority I guess.. CSGOLounge is not listed there and we all know it counts.
  6. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Dota2Lounge is listed there- they are owned by the same people and its basically the same site.
  7. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64197455
    Since Dota2Lounge is now smaller than CSGO Lounge wouldn't it make sense to change the tags to CSGOLounge as that is more well known to community members?
  8. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    1. D2L is bigger.
    2. Any community or server that uses SteamRep's public API may restrict users from accessing or using their servers or their sites based on information that SteamRep provides, which includes whether a user has been marked or not by SteamRep or a partner community.
  9. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64197455
    Really? I know the dota 2 community as a whole is bigger (because it's f2p) but viewing CSGOLounge and Dota2Lounge, I definitely see significantly more new trades appear front page with each refresh on csgolounge. Do you have statistics which would support that? I don't have any friends in the lounge community anymore who could show me their activity stats.
  10. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Go on both sites and click on their respective social media followers. Granted that csgol performs slightly better on Twitter and VK, the platform with the most followers, Facebook, tracks CSGOL at 246,000~ likes and D2L at 736,000~ likes.

No actual forms of measurement unless @n33dweed can come around and help clarify.

And since both sites are under the same brand, we'll probably just stick with what the site owners signed up with in the first place.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Rosalina likes this.
  11. Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro FirePowered Head Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49525162
    Might want to link the actual BlackBurn and not one of his impersonators so people don't have any unpleasant surprises. ;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2017
  12. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Thanks for spotting that, I've changed it!
    Sniper Pro likes this.