1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined 76561198046041386 (Oscar A)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by iɌɑƴ, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iɌɑƴ

iɌɑƴ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17286139
    Victim:
    |steamID: iRay.
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:17286139
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994838007
    |customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/LeHartx
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197994838007

Scammer:
    |steamID: Oscar A
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:0:42887829
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046041386
    |customURL:
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198046041386

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Description:
    He added me and bought 3 earbuds from me, right after a MIN after payment was made and earbuds was given to him, he charged back.
  2. lMintyl

lMintyl New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46361688
    hey listen, quick tip, always ask for a note saying "I've already received the items I am paying for(Virtual items), and this is a non refundable gift, no chargeback will be made under any circumstances" It helps prevent being chargedback as they are buying virtual items+ agreed to not chargeback
  3. iɌɑƴ

iɌɑƴ New User

Steam:
    Lol, have you even been charged back before? You know putting notes doesn't even matter.
  4. tittooo

tittooo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19178364
    He try scame me too ... with 90 key... but is said for he need more rep.. or write me tomorrow .. and he delete me.. :D
  5. tittooo

tittooo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19178364

Attached Files:

6. Xel'Naga

Xel'Naga New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11090427
    This doesn't actually help anything at all. PayPal assigns zero value to virtual goods being traded, so whether or not you put a note is irrelevant.

Also, almost all chargeback scams are done with hijacked PayPal accounts, anyway. The reason that they're charged back (even though they're a personal gift) is because the REAL account holder is disputing the charge with their credit card provider, not PayPal.

The note makes no difference at all. It's not a legally-binding contract, and PayPal doesn't care about it.
  7. lMintyl

lMintyl New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46361688
    I have a friend who works in paypal, And what you write as a note DOES make a difference, If someone makes a paypal payment with a note and chargeback they have to give solid proof that it wasn't them and yeah...
  8. Xel'Naga

Xel'Naga New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11090427
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to just assume that you're a liar, and you probably don't actually have a friend who works with PayPal.

Take a look at PayPal's own policies (they're all publicly available). Nowhere in there does it mention that the note attached to a transaction is treated as a legally-binding contract. You could literally write "This is a payment for three pounds of methamphetamine and for the trafficking of underage prostitutes, +REP", and it makes zero difference as far as PayPal is concerned.

I'm going to also assume that you've never had the misfortune of dealing with PayPal in the event of a chargeback dispute, either. They're not fun, and the only person who wins is the scammer, and they win 100% of the time, no matter how much evidence you have of "delivered" items, or whatever "agreement" the scammer had when sending the money.

As somebody who actually has had to deal with a chargeback dispute as a result of a scammer hijacking a PayPal account, I can assure you, from my several phone calls and emails with PayPal's support team, that they do not care one iota about the transaction notes. Since the items being traded are digital, PayPal cannot assume a value on them, and thus assumes a value of "zero". As such, they will not reimburse the seller any amount of money lost due to the chargeback, ever.

I understand that you're probably trying to be helpful, but spreading misinformation does not help, and only serves to complicate things further.

The fact of the matter is that iRay can dispute the chargeback, but in the end PayPal will ultimately rule in favor of the "scammer" (or more particularly, the REAL account holder, since the scammer hijacked the PayPal account in order to make the purchase), and iRay will not see a penny of that returned to him.
    SMOKABLES and DataStorm like this.
  9. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

10. iɌɑƴ

iɌɑƴ New User

Steam:
    Wow seriously, he's still not even tagged as a scammer on SR, what's going on?
  11. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Do you have screenshots of the trade agreement (chatlogs) and your inventory history?
  12. iɌɑƴ

iɌɑƴ New User

Steam:
    [​IMG]

Didn't take chatlogs.
  13. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Sorry, but without chatlogs, we can't do anything about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.