1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

SteamRep Friends - Sort by Suggestion

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by The Slow Scout, Feb 24, 2017.

1. The Slow Scout

The Slow Scout New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:101591351
    I think there can more to the SteamRep friends list in terms of sorting. Currently, there is only "Sort by Recent Friends." I think it more beneficial if sorting by reputation, date of account, and alphabetically were possible. Of course, do we need this? No, I think having sort by recent friends is good enough. However, I do believe this would be a good feature.

• Sort by A-Z - Pretty self-explanatory. Names starting with A show up top and names starting with Z show at the bottom or vice-versa.
    • Sort by Date - Sort accounts by when the account was created. Older accounts show at the top and new accounts show at the bottom or vice-versa.
    • Sort by Reputation (Most relevant to SR) - Have those with special reputation show up at the top (Admins, Cautions, Bans, etc.) and have no special reputation show at the bottom or vice-versa.
    • Sort by amount of banned friends - Account with most amount of banned friends show at the top and accounts with the least or none show at the bottom or vice-versa
    I don't consider this a type of feature to be added right away and should be number one on the priority list. More of an extra thing but I do believe it can benefit members in different ways.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Thanks for the suggestions. Definitely worth considering. A-Z is so messy with the crazy number of unicode names, though. I'd also like to add an easy filter mechanism as well so you can show only banned/admin friends, etc.

Not sure when we can add stuff like this, but will definitely think it over, as it would come in handy.
    The Slow Scout likes this.
  3. Grey7

Grey7 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102807692
    You could just make it so that marked people appear at the top. Usually if someone is looking at someone's friends on steamrep, it would be to see what friends they have that are marked.
    SilentReaper(SR) and Roudydogg1 like this.