1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198305841502 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Bee Movie Game, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bee Movie Game

Bee Movie Game New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:139288174
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198305841502

Victim profile: 76561198238842076

What happened? Description:
    Tried to steal my CSGO items by telling me to trade with his fake CSGOBig bot account to "check if my items were duped"​

Provide Evidence:
    Alright, I already reported this guys fake bot account, http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...counter-strike-global-offensive-items.133358/ , and mentioned this user in it, but I might as well go ahead and report this guy too, since this guys SteamRep is still clean.

This guy friended me and asked me to trade my entire CSGO inventory for his USP-S Orion. I knew this guy was a bit sketchy already, considering my CSGO inventory is only worth about $3 altogether, while that USP-S skin is worth $10, plus the sticker that is attached to it, so it's obviously too good to be true. He demanded I trade my skins to CSGOBig to "check if they were duped". He then told me I got a friend request from a "CSGOBig bot" (that just happened to be on his friends list) and told me to accept its trade offer to give it all my skins. I then got a friend request from a Steam user named "gordon". I was confused at first by who it was, but it suddenly changed its name to "tradebot #76", as by then I knew for sure this guy was using a fake bot to scam me, and had just made an extremely clumsy mistake. The fake bot sent me a trade offer demanding all my items, View attachment 427842 but when I called this user out for being a scammer and unfriended both his profiles, he quickly changed the name and profile picture of this account, and changed the name of his fake bot account, plus privatizing it, just to avoid being identified by me.

I already went into detail why this fake bot is fake on the other report, but since this is a scam report for this guy and not the bots, I'll just summarize it up by saying for one, the bot is not part of the official CSGOBig Staff Steam Group, a group that only includes CSGOBig bots and CSGOBig staff, as in the description of the group itself it says

"This group is for CSGOBig Staff & Bots, anyone not in this group are impersonators."

For two, the large amount of activity on it for a bot, like its huge amount of hours in CSGO and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Multiplayer, even though most bots usually have very little activity on it, usually only having a few minutes in TF2 or only 5-10 hours in CSGO, which may prove this account was originally created as a normal Steam account, but was transformed into a fake bot account to try to get into scamming.

But enough with the fake bot, more on this account. For one, this account is friends with the fake bot account (Here is a screencap of proof the bot is on his friends list, in case he sees this and unfriends the bot- View attachment 427806 ). Also, this account would have to be associated somehow with the fake bot. Aside from him previously mentioned being friends with the bot, I just happen to get a friend request from this obviously fake bot at the exact same time this user tells me to "accept the friend request from the CSGOBig bot", so this user would HAVE to be associated somehow with the bot in order for the fake bot to know to friend me right at that moment when he told me to accept a bots friend request.

Hopefully this evidence against him is good enough. If you need any other evidence from me, feel free to comment and ask.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This user should have prob been the main one to report vs the other so I'll move this one on since I've already investigated the other.
  3. Bee Movie Game

Bee Movie Game New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:139288174
    Sorry, I did the other one first last night because I was a bit tired and thought it would be easier to prove him as a scammer first than this account, definitely should've reported this guy first. Thanks, though :)
  4. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.