1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198145148777 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Bee Movie Game, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bee Movie Game

Bee Movie Game New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:139288174
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198145148777

Victim profile: 76561198238842076

What happened? Description:
    Impersonated a CSGOBig bot to try to steal items from users, as he told me from his other account to "deposit" my skins into CSGOBig through this fake bot to check if they were duped​

Provide Evidence:
    First off, I'd like to say I apologize for having to use the chat from my iPad Steam app instead of the desktop chat window like normally, Steam automatically cleared the history for the desktop chat window before I could screencap it because I accidentally closed the window. I hope the mobile chat is good enough.

I got a friend request from this user- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198305841502 (I am planning to file a report against him right after I'm finished with this) currently named Ami, as he asked me to trade his USP-S Orion for all my skins. I was already a bit sketchy at first, considering this trade was WAY too good to be true, since my entire CS:GO inventory is worth $3 and is mostly filled with low tier, undesirable skins, while the USP-S was worth roughly $10, plus the sticker he had attached to it. He demanded that I trade my skins to CSGOBig to check if they were duplicated or not. I got a friend request from an account that was on Namis friend list named "gordon". I was confused at first by who it was, but it quickly changed its name before I accepted its friend to "tradebot #76" (This account, obviously) View attachment 427636 , as Thommes (AKA, currently known as Ami) demanded I accept the "bots" friend request and give it my skins. View attachment 427631
    View attachment 427634
    Now, lemme just go way more into detail on why exactly this "bot" is a fake CSGOBig bot, as I will compare it to an ACTUAL CSGOBig trading bot I was going to trade to, but didn't after I fully realized there was no need to give my skins to CSGOBig after I realized this guy was scamming me. For one, this "bot" is not in the CSGOBig Staff Steam Group (This group, in case you're wondering http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOBigStaff ). If you look in CSGOBIG: Trade Bot #81's, or any official CSGOBig bots, profile, you'll see it is in the group "CSGOBig Staff", which is an official, exclusive group that only contains either official CSGOBig staff, or the bots used for CSGOBig. I also might as well leave this quote from the description of that Steam Group-

"This group is for CSGOBig Staff & Bots, anyone not in this group are impersonators."

Obviously, the user I am reporting right now is NOT in this group. For two, this account has a surprisingly large amount of activity on it. As you can see from my screenshot of my profile before he privatized it View attachment 427632 , he has a lot of hours registered into games like CSGO, with over 2,000 hours into it (Alright, I know in the screenshot the nickname box is partly covering it up, this is the only screenshot I could take before he privatized this profile, but even then, you can tell he has a large amount of time into it), not to mention the fact he has a huge amount of achievements from CSGO unlocked, plus his 101 hours into Call of Duty Black Ops 2 multiplayer. If you look at most CSGOBig bot profiles, you'll see they have barely any hours registered into games. They usually have a few minutes in TF2, or if you're lucky about 5-10 hours in CSGO, but I guarantee you, none of those bots are as active as this guy. Oh yeah, and look at some of his previous usernames. Some of them, like swagGER, Mr. Quotenkill, rolling hamster, and more look like fairly normal, generic Steam usernames you'd expect from a human Steam user. Most bots, especially CSGOBig bots, start off with their names labeling themselves as CSGO trading bots and only have names like that, however, this users first name ever is Mr. Quotenkill, leading me to believe this account may have originally been created as a normal Steam account, but was transformed into a fake bot account by him.

After I called him out and unfriending him, he changed his name from "Thommes" to "Ami", changed his own profile picture, changed the name and profile picture of this fake bot account, plus even privatizing this fake bot account, all in hopes of being identified by me.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. Bee Movie Game

Bee Movie Game New User

Steam:
  4. Bee Movie Game

Bee Movie Game New User

Steam:
    Also might as well correct myself and say I meant to say "all in hopes of AVOIDING being identified by me". Sorry, I just noticed that mistake and even though it's minor, minor mistakes like that get a little under my skin, so I felt obligated to correct it.
  5. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.