1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Why was my appeal denied?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Fred JonesTheMemeLord, Mar 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Fred JonesTheMemeLord Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90106562
    Ok so I made an account so I could start a new on tf2 alright and yes i know what i did in 2012 was wrong but I still dont get why I have been perma banned I understand I should be punished but for 5 years for a craft hat people go to jail for shorter times then that for stealing I started my new account I traded from nothing to unusual trading and I was proud that I did that all on my own but because of the ban on my main account got me banned on outpost and will probaly get me banned on that account to and when i tried to go for this new legacy ban months ago I was just declined I do not think steamreps system should just ban the person and then let them rot if thats so then that would mean in real life the cops just have all the prisoners to survire on their own and just let them die I think steamrep as a concept is a great idea I think I deserve a punishment for what I did and I already did 5 years I could wait longer but what I am saying is that you should look deeper in your cases after what it happens and I dont think people who run from a 1 hat spycrab should get the same punsihment as a guy who takes 1000$ in items

Sincerely.
    Fred Jones.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    1. Duration of the ban is indefinite, unless successfully appealed.
    Reasoning: If you can't be trusted in a scrap metal trade, how is anybody ever going to trust you with an unusual?
    The bans on SR serve as a WARNING for other traders. The API we provide to partner and friend communities are used by them to keep their site clean from scammers, and they generally have less issues with their users as a result.

2. I read your appeal in a quick glance. You clearly did NOT read the appeal tips, did NOT understand the reply that was given.
    The appeal tips: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    from that you would have gathered:
    - Only can appeal with the originally offending account.
    - Alts can only appeal if they truly are NOT alts of an offending account.

And with appealing with the current alt you use, you went arguing SR's legitimacy instead of going into your case, proceeded to tell us what we should do and all that kind of rambling.
    The only relevant part of the appeal with this alt was:
    And why would WE repay the victim for what YOU did? Don't answer, its rhetorical.
    All answers regarding this are in the appeal tips.

Relevant links:
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...fred-jones-the-meme-lord-banned-by-sr.145492/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198074807472-pingus-banned-by-sr.136628/
    http://darklygaming.com/forum/threads/76561198074807472-the-silent-gunner.11785/

From the ANSWERS you got there you came to THIS very topic. You got into the LEGACY appeal system we have now in place for the former partner communities listed above. You did so, and it was reviewed by a admin who checked for the evidence to be there or not, and this turned out to still be available on DGN, based on our rules and the information available the legacy appeal got denied. I didn't look into the DGN topic, but basically you are at the end of the line. There is nothing you can do at this point.
    Enstage likes this.
  3. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Steam:
    That was a grammer error first off when I said for you to pay them back I meant for you to help me pay him back so now im screwed because of that yeah ok you know the only thing this website makes scammers do is create new accounts and scam more after the first time I scammed I never did it again but now I cant be an honest trader the only option for me to do is scam yeah that seems smart im done with this crap and I hope you realise this website just stops the one account there are alts being made every day.
  4. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Steam:
    and also if you think you can't trust me with unusual trading on an alt I went from a hat to an unusual in 1 - 2 weeks without and type of scamming involved but no im still a scammer even thoe I did s✿✿✿ legit if you want to see the inventory history I can send it here but what does it matter im perma banned right?
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    As I said, the answers regarding repayment are in the appeal tips topic. The rest is not relevant.
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I have split your posts off into a new topic, so as to not derail the announcement explaining these changes. Arguing in the General Discussion forum is not going to remove your tag, only a proper appeal can do that. We do not discuss specific cases here, only general policies and safe trading practices. If we entertained or acknowledged your own arguments for removing the tag, then we'd have to give that special treatment to anyone and everyone else demanding special treatment from the General Discussion forum or else it would effectively amount to favoritism. Doing that would turn this board - intended as an open forum for the general public to ask questions of community admins - into a free-for-all "I don't agree with your decision" channel that a handful of people would spam any time they disagreed with an admin's decision.

I don't expect you to be happy about or agree with this decision, but I hope you can at least try to understand why we don't discuss specific cases here. I'm not going to get into the specifics leading to a decision for your case, and nothing said in this thread has any chance of changing your reputation now, but you had a chance to appeal with Darkly Gaming, the community who tagged you, and never did. Even today, their community's website (and original report against you) is mostly intact, and they're even re-applying to try and start fresh with us, but instead of appealing and pleading your case with them you waited until we declared their community defunct. Did you appeal there before they dropped out of contact with us? Before you appealed to us? Did you even appeal there as of today? Had you followed normal procedures for appealing from the beginning, instead of abandoning your account for an alt then trying to capitalize on our best compromise for dead partner communities as a "get out of jail free" card, your final outcome may have been different.

Several staff have already given you more attention than we normally provide for people arguing appeal decisions. As such, I'm going to end it here, no more questions about your specific case in discussion. I hate to be so heavy-handed, but I am locking this topic, and any future posts attempting to persuade admins will simply be merged into this locked thread again. If you want to discuss policy and why we do things the way we do, without discussing your own case, then you are free to make a new topic for that purpose. We try to foster open discussion, and it's actually really difficult to get banned from our forums but if you continue to spam your arguments about why you disagree with the appeals admin's decision, then you may end up banned from here in addition to your tag.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.