1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198336255142 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Fletch-, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fletch-

Fletch- Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:79619645
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198336255142

Victim profile: 76561198119505019

What happened? Description:
    This user is impersonating me in attempt to use my reputation to defraud. His profile states he is buying items via Bitcoin.

He also states 'I'm the owner of Fletch's BTC ⇄ Key bot the bot buys and sells keys automatically via Bitcoin! Just add the bot to begin.' on his profile. This bot is not his, it is mine. This can be proved by looking at the bots group page: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/BTCkeybot all links to owner will not link to him, but will link to me.

I just found this impersonator today by someone stating he tried to scam them, and it looks like hes been doing this a long time and has had my older aliases in his recent names.​

Provide Evidence:
    The fact he's scamming is obvious considering he's stated hes the owner of my bot, and the fact that his profile states hes buying items via bitcoin. I am able to provide any more evidence asked.

This here is his profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198336255142 View attachment 533157 View attachment 533158

This here is my profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198119505019 View attachment 533161

His recent names:
    View attachment 533162

My recent names- hes been impersonating me for a while.

View attachment 533163

Please click the links on his profile, this will show hes trying to steal my reputation from things I own in order to defraud. He has also stolen my artwork which is against the steam terms of service.

I believe this is conclusive evidence.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Fletch- Your screenshots are worthless - you need FULL Screenshots!
    I'll give you one showing a URL overlay - I need a few more of each link he uses.

Attached Files:

3. Fletch-

Steam:
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    That isn't full screen and doesn't show the URL to the other links. I did it for say BOT #1 - see the URL at the bottom? But your should be full screen including the windows task bar.
  5. Fletch-

Steam:
    His profile link leads to my bots group

Attached Files:

6. Fletch-

Steam:
    Sorry just got your message now. Ill redo.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Yeah don't accept videos either - need screenshots - should be 3 of them that would be fine to add here.
  8. Fletch-

Steam:
    Full screen

Attached Files:

9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok I don't think you understand what I'm asking for.... so I'm going to do them for you so pay close attention to next time you make a report.
    See how each one not only shows the URL of the users account at the top - but when I just drag my mouse pointer over each link it gives the URL to where those links go- thus showing the intent to scam. The artwork is beside the point - not something we would tag for...but the links going to accounts that do not belong to them yes.
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.