1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

FoG ban equals SR ban?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by J3lly, Mar 12, 2017.

1. J3lly

J3lly New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:131098778
    One simple question, if someone's banned through Fortress of Gamers, through FoG, does it apply to all the SR alias? Meaning Dota2/CSGOlounge.. tf2... all these websites.
  2. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Only if you're banned for scamming. Any other ban from our community about things like racism etc. will just result in you being banned from our servers specifically.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You mean a ban from a specific community for something like rule-breaking? No.
    You mean Tagged on SR with a FOG banned tag for a fraud related offense? The vast majority of other communities honor all SR and partner tags. Some may exclude specific communities tho. In this case, most likely yes.
  4. J3lly

J3lly New User

Steam:
    Let's take this guy's profile for example, http://steamrep.com/search?q=Adil_ReiiiD .
    He claimed that he saw me at CSGOLounge, but he has a realllyyyy huge massive ban record. All of them are from FoG, does that mean he is banned at CSGOLounge as well?
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    I am unable to say exactly how csgol decides to ban their users, its best if you ask them directly as its not my place to do so, but the user you referenced would very much likely be banned from other communities upon learning of his offenses and ban avoidance on their site.

| steamname: SkyLin3
    | steam3ID: [U:1:327790338]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:163895169
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198288056066
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Adil_ReiiiD
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198288056066

edit: went ahead and added 2 known/confirmed alternate accounts to his profile, one was already tagged by SR and that tag propagated over to this account of his.
  6. J3lly

J3lly New User

Steam:
    Yeah I just noticed that he has an unconfirmed report here.. welp. It will be worthless to attempt to report him because this guy is celebrating more than a year already. RIP.. (#GIVEUPSCAMMER,UWONTMAKEIT)

btw: he's dumb af.. he added me, told him I want an item, sent me a picture and after I approved it he went offline. what... DELETE, REPORT, BAN.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    If he attempts to scam you (and you should avoid him at all costs anyhow, one of his accounts was permanently disabled by valve already) its always worth reporting, more cases = less likely to ever be able to successfully appeal. Even if its a different user with no tags on SR and the case gets archived, its still searchable to any user who bothers to look him up so they can make their own informed decision on to deal with them or not.
  8. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    The user may be banned by CSGOLounge but that doesn't mean they can't access the site and see whats posted by others. The banning there applys to account signin access being able to post and contact others... they basically have READ-ONLY access if banned there.

Looking at the account on Lounge - their system hasn't picked up on it from the SR API prob cause he's not tried to log in again which I believe auto checks the user against it but we aren't able to maintain anything to do with Lounges services.
  9. Grey7

Grey7 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102807692
    I have a question related to this. If steamrep no longer bans spycrab runners, why do they ban spycrab runners from other servers tht are partner communities? (ie: harpoon gaming). I would think it would just be a caution tag.
  10. You Are The One

Steam:
    SR does not have any game/trade servers or any trading site/forum, these types of offenses you speak of are specific to communities themselves, they are much better suited to deal with them then us trying to micromanage them. You mistake this for us not caring for such offenses, we still do.

Related https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
  11. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
    It's a joke, SteamRep will have you banned on their system but will then for some reason blame FoG. The ban is on SteamRep and not FoG, people don't give a f✿✿✿ if they are banned on FoG since most of them don't use FoG for anything but a ban on SteamRep means they are banned everywhere so you guys should sort those appeals. Fix your s✿✿✿ you silly f✿✿✿s. Yes i'm trying to get banned.