1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Possible method to link scammer accounts via old /id/ url

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Mist //, May 1, 2017.

1. Mist //

Mist // New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8833815
    Hi all,

I hope this is ok to post, I was on steamrep this morning and thought it would be ideal as its a means of tracking people down possibly?

You may or may not be aware low digit accounts are stolen, some accounts are stolen for the /id/ community URL registered to the steam community to be sold on or used or transferred between accounts.
    therefore i have produced a text search that will show linked accounts to IDS if they exist (Not aware of anything like this that exists at the moment?) I have seen people that steal these put them onto "holding" accounts which could be linked to other things.

Here is an example:
    https://steamid.eu/url/flower

Data was imported today going back to 2012 / 2013 time.

I dont know what use this is as of yet but it maybe good to someone, Certainly fun writing the system for this today.
    ♠ Journey, Roudydogg1 and Mattie! like this.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Oh, this sounds really neat. What a good idea. We could do something similar for this.
  3. Mist //

Mist // New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8833815
    That's what i was thinking - I'm not sure what data you guys hold but i'm sure you have more custom URLs than i do!

Ran out of storage space on the servers so i cut the custom url column a while back, never thought of logging it!
    Happy to drum up an API for you?
  4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Worth a shot discussing APIs more-- I sent you a PM. Thanks for the great idea.