1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198031258757 - (d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) | #ScammedbySR / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), May 9, 2015.

1. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35496514
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Your tag is not for trading with scammers. Nothing in the rule change applies to your case.
  3. The Wayne Train

The Wayne Train Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:3245429
    Rules:
    • First off: Repayment is a REQUIREMENT of the appeal. If you didn't repay, the appeal won't be considered.

11. Only one appeal.
    You can only appeal once. Generally, the first appeal thread will be used to determine your place in line.

Why is this still pending? Can this be closed?
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    If the appeal is still pending, it means he's still tagged. Unless you want the appeal to be granted, why would you care that it's still in pending?
  5. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Steam:
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    Hello, I finally have time to look into this case, you may add me on steam.
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    Hello,
    I have some continuation questions, attempted to ask on steam but no reply. Hopefully we can schedule a time to catch up.

1. Did you repay yet?
    2. What approx items are in dispute (and their value)?
    3. Do you have additional accounts since appeal was posted to declare?
    4. What outcome are you attempting to obtain from your appeal?
  9. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Steam:
    Hey thanks for the honest and reasonable talk. Really appreciate it.

1 & 2) No, and we've discussed an amount that you mentioned in Steam chat I'm willing to repay in some sort (TF2 keys?) to Wayne.
    3) Most of my other services (i.e Level up services) I've provided for the past 2 years got marked recently -- I managed to find this one that isn't marked -
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198825183243
    and then some "stand-by" accounts for potential future projects that isn't marked -
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198869300873
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198879934863
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198923756426
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198928292335
    other than that, should be it.
    4) That I did not attempt to scam Wayne or misslead him in an agreement -- but still lift this mark to continue provide some my serivces and trade again without having to effect other user's reputation.

I tried contact Wayne but the result was unsuccessful.

Thanks again.

Attached Files:

10. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Steam:
    Left a comment on Wayne's profile, had You Are The One do so as well and seems he's still not willing to handle this case.

Just adding this screenshot as additional proof & can't edit previous post.

Attached Files:

11. The Wayne Train

The Wayne Train Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:3245429
    I will contact Steam Rep in regards to this.
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    Conclusion; After a thorough review of the report, speaking to you, speaking to other admins who do appeals, reviewing internal notes and other 3rd party resources surrounding the case, I find a quid pro quo agreement was indeed made as the original case admin Silent Reaper also concluded. There is sufficient evidence to back this claim in the report and your own inferences. (Even if you still dont think so but otherwise dont deny any other facts of the case) I will also point out that Silent Reaper primarily researched/decided the case so there was no meaningful involvement by other parties at SR that could have amounted to a potential COI.

Repayment; I spoke to the reporter about repayment but he declined to be compensated, the estimated amount from the trades mentioned in the report (minimum 425-500ish+) fell well below what he said was "taken" and not worth accepting in his opinion (4k`ish+). Even after you (d0) admitted to a probable higher amount (2k`ish) he still declined repayment, and that is his choice. Since there is no other firm value or identification of items available for the "exact amount" and the original admin offered to drop the case if repayment was made at the time under the extenuating circumstances of the case, I find this criteria satisfied for appeals sake. If the opportunity arises in the future, you should still repay.

Disposition; Lack of codifying terms for the agreement are extenuating circumstances that were taken into account (with Silent Reapers offer to drop the case if repaid), I am attempting to follow his original intentions as best I can even tho I would have decided differently, and I find a banned tag excessive under those circumstances. However, it never should have taken this long to attempt to resolve and an quid pro quo agreement was still made and breached. A caution is warranted and that is my final decision.

Additional transgressions may result in your tag being reapplied if we find you lied or if you get yourself in similar situations again. No further tag downgrade is warranted.

Appeal downgraded.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2020