1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197978046828 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by CCPD, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54421459
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197978046828

Victim profile: 76561198069108646

What happened? Description:
    User impersonates Steam Items Validation Moderator. Identical to already tagged user http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132537986 .​

Provide Evidence:
    Scam where regular user impersonates a Steam employee in order to get items from users for "validation". In reality they just steal items under false pretences.​

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      297.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      311.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    What way were you involved with this user?
  3. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54421459
    Not involved in any way. One Steam user asked me if it's normal to give items away to Steam Mods to check if they duped. I asked who told him to do it and he linked me to already tagged user for impersonations ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/Noj_OfficialModerator/ ). After some research I fount this and another account I reported. Steam user who almost got scammed not very computer experienced and couldn't take any screenshots, but violation is pretty obvious even without chat. Avatar, name and rules indicate a pretty clear impersonation of the Steam staff in order to gain false trust and steal items. Not to mention almost identical account already tagged. Reported purely for fraud prevention.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Ok we would rather not have random - its good to have that intent to scam - as in they added you to do something with the notices and so on.
    Otherwise we just open the door for everyone to hunt random users down to make reports - when most of these users like this are just throw away accounts anyway.
    I'll go ahead and accept as is.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.