1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198060820651 - (grantekert / SOP CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Zero, May 20, 2017.

1. Zero

Zero Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50277461
    Appeal for SOP CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561198060820651 (grantekert)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    | steamname: Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy
    | steam3ID: [U:1:120050396]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:60025198
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080316124
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198080316124

This account was previously used for trading with marked individuals, as well as for storing extra items. I have since lost the login information and have not used the account for years.​

Appeal description:
    Hello there. I have sent this appeal nearly verbatim to TF2OP, but was redirected here to get this resolved here first.
    Nearly four years ago, I was given a SOP Caution and TF2OP Caution tag for repeated trades with marked scammers. I'll cut to the chase: not only did I trade with them, but I did so knowingly for profit. After my tags, I continued trading for a while, and kept my dealings squeaky clean.

I took a hiatus from Steam for over a year and gained some perspective on life and other matters. Reflecting upon it now, I realize why the rule against trading with scammers has been set in place. Providing a market for scammers to sell their ill-gotten goods on inadvertently (or rather, directly) encourages wrongdoing. I regret the actions I took in 2013 and hope to have my tag repealed, with the intentions of keeping my future transactions clean. I am more than willing to commit to never letting this happen again, as I want to be as reputable as possible.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, this is not an offense that SteamRep even marks individuals for anymore. (According to this: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/policy-change-trades-with-scammer-policy-end-of-life.119528/)
    Please allow me to assert again that I have absolutely no intention of doing this again in the future, in spite of the slight leniency. I understand why the rule was set in place and I am more than willing to still comply with it. Again, this offense was over three years ago and I hope that clean dealings all this time will be proof enough to back my commitment.

In 2013, now-retired SteamRep admin Xenophobia recommended that I appeal my tag, as seen at the bottom of the thread here:
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198060820651-blackout-zero.45551/
    I apologize for the delay in writing this appeal. I am willing to provide any and all information you would deem necessary, although I've attempted to be as thorough as possible. You will also find that I have attached information regarding an alternate account that I used. It has not been logged into in over three years, and I do not intend on using it for any purpose. (I have lost the account information anyways.)

Thank you very much for reviewing my appeal. I intend on appealing here and, if it is accepted, I will take this appeal back TF2OP. I am hoping to get back into the trading market and I would be grateful if I could receive grace for this change of heart and the commitment I have made to being honest. Thank you.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you are appealing a SOP tag, you should disclose your SOP forum accounts, if any. As for the change of policy, it does not apply if you were actively laundering/working with scammers.
  3. Zero

Zero Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    Thank you for your response! I do not have a SOP forum account, to my knowledge. I double checked by clicking "forgot my password" and it did not recognize my email for a password reset.

I completely understand that the policy change does not retroactively excuse individuals from not adhering to the rules.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    The policy change rules for TWS are retroactive, they do not however, apply if you were working with scammers as I already said. You linked the thread but not sure if you fully read it and/or understood it.
  5. Zero

Zero Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    Thanks again for your response. I apologise for any confusion that has ensued. I (now) completely understand the thread and what you are saying here, that the policy does not retroactively unmark those who consistently laundered/worked with scammers.

I still stand by what I said previously: that my commitment is to keep my dealings exclusively with reputable (unmarked/not shady) traders, as I have done for the last three years.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    I did locate an account for you at our site that you have used previously https://forums.sourceop.com/members/45153-BlackOut-Zero However, I did not see anything specific on our site regarding your sop tagging. Ill update this post if I can/cannot find any additional info.

Edit: It appears the sop tagging originated from the report against you here on SR. Ref: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198060820651-blackout-zero.45551/
    Furthermore, OP accepted the report against you. Since SR policy does not otherwise allow "tag stacking" I am inclined to remove the sop caution. At this time, I am otherwise not making any judgement(s) regarding the case itself and you will have to take the remaining caution up with OP.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**