1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Always follow these instructions: https://steamrep.com/tips/pretrade
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    SteamRep admins are not part of Steam in any way. We don't (and can't) get involved in your trades. What you're describing sounds a lot like a typical scammer, impersonating a SteamRep admin. The only time you would do something like this is explained in our middleman guide. And it's something you will know you plan on doing before you even added them, not something they tell you do because the other trader says so.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Nobody can apply directly for SteamRep admin, they have to start as a moderator first. And to do that, you need to demonstrate not only that you're trustworthy, but that you have a really solid and intimate grasp on how Steam trading and various scams work. If you're asking us about inspecting trade offers within Steam, it suggests you don't even understand what we do, meaning you're not even close to being ready. Check this guide out; it answers "how do I become a middleman?" which is more common, but the answer is basically the same.
  2. wegucci

wegucci New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35216554
    someone is very clearly impersonating me (profile entirely setup saying "youtube channel with 64,000 subscribers, using my logo etc) and i've been told he's attempted to scam people by a subscriber, however I don't have any proof of that on my own. is this bannable/something steamrep deals with?

account - https://steamcommunity.com/id/voocsgo
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    We would require clear intent to scam - looking at the profile there is none. You will need to report user to Valve using their in profile reporting system.
    Don't expect something to happen over night.
    If someone has a scam attempt by this user using your links, info etc that is intent and THEY can make a report with valid evidence.
  4. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54421459
    Is it worth reporting self admitted scammer with evidence shown below? Many might take it as sharking instead.

Attached Files:

5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I see no scam there at all.
  6. Bagles

Bagles New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:79008032
    If a scammer has been banned on an alt account, but is still unbanned on their main account, is there any way I can display evidence of that being their main account and get them banned on that account too?
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your asking this cause I declined your alt report - issue is 99.999% of all reports we get like that are just references to items traded, past/current user names and so on. Too much lack of data that we require to link up accounts.
    I won't go into how or what we look at to determine that so we just don't accept them. Now if you reference an account in the same report its looked at but that is about it.
    The accounts you were leaning towards I looked at them and couldn't determine anything based on our investigative tools that would solid link them together.
    So unless there is a solid link for our methods we use to verify that we won't tag but we also don't want reports of it for accusations since as I said 99.999% of those reprots are unfounded and just guessing with some small common references.
    I hope that makes sense.
  8. Bagles

Bagles New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:79008032
    alright, thanks for the insight, have a nice day :)
  9. FREEDOM 4

FREEDOM 4 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50657233
    Someone (specifically this guy: https://steamcommunity.com/id/5132486/) just told me that he was going to get a friend to impersonate me and pretend to scam him so I can get steam rep banned. This was because we attempted to trade and had some disagreements about how to do so. He unfriended me so I lost the chat logs. Regardless, is there something I can do here? I made my profile private and changed a few things as a precautionary measure, but I'd like to know if there's anything else I can do so I don't get falsely accused.
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Nothing you can do - but we can spot fake reports.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  11. FREEDOM 4

FREEDOM 4 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50657233
    Alright, thank you.
  12. Deni boi

Deni boi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49349203
    Is there a way to become a trusted middleman for the cs go trading community? I really hate the immense amount of scammers going around, especially in big trades, and I would just really like to be a middleman that people can trust.
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You need to just contact those CSGO trading communities directly
  14. ZΞNOX

ZΞNOX New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:443247
  15. MrZej

MrZej New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62105177
    yo, some guy is offering me h1z1 invitational cases (15keys for 6) and when i sell on market i profit like 10£ ish his profile is super blank so it seems abit dodgy
  16. ᴶᵘᶰᵒ

ᴶᵘᶰᵒ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:113841588
    On average how long do change of heart Banned by SR appeals take to be reviewed? I'm seeing many that have been left for months on end without any conclusion or form of investigation/consideration. Pardon me if this is what was meant by "Slightly deprioritize" but this seems rather bleak if it is the extent of how long these appeals are kept on the back burner for.
  17. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No set time frame - depends on when we can get to them. Some require more review than others.
    You've been tagged for what about 40days and there are others that are waiting longer.
    Remember - had you not done the deed to start with you wouldn't be here asking this question.
    Your answer is to wait - not bump the appeal either.
  18. Vvärvân

Vvärvân New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:74412466
  19. Purifier

Purifier New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:151519835
    hello
    i know a person that has 600 pages of racism comments on his profile and he's known for harrasing other ppl by commenting on their profile.
    he's been doing that since 2012!!
    5 years and he's still an accepted member of steam community?
    how is that possible
    well your answer might be maybe ppl dont report him well if u read the comments you will find that hard to believe.
    so if the reports dont work
    is there a way to send a ticket to an admin containing evidence or giving them the profile id?
    reporting and moving on is not an option this guy has ruined steam for me.
  20. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    SR doesn't deal with issues like that - we are only an anti-Fraud investigative site.
    You can report that type of thing to Valve if you want using the in profile reporting feature.
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Basically speaking - report them and move on - nothing more you can do or really should do.