1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Future Scammer?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by lovecow, Jun 11, 2017.

1. lovecow

lovecow New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:811612
    Got a friend request from this profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/MODbs/ Looked very suspicious. No trade offers were even discussed so I can not report a scam, just throwing out a heads up before they get a chance to scam someone.
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    We can't ban someone on mere suspicion they're about to scam. Additionally, the general discussion forum is not a place for you to single people out or drop scam reports you know we won't accept.
  3. lovecow

lovecow New User

Steam:
    Understood. Is there a forum where a "heads up" would be appropriate ?
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    There is no forum for "heads up" you just can't make reports based on assumptions... that would be as if I offered you paypal for an item and you instantly went to report me assuming I wouldn't pay you for some reason.
    Same as you walking into a store and the store called the cops on you cause they Assumed you would rob them...you just can't do that understand?
  5. lovecow

lovecow New User

Steam:
    Well that was not exactly the case. The profile was saying they were a steam admin, and that they moderated trades through an inventory bot to check for duplicates and glitches. There were more warning signs then just my whimsy. Warning signs I have learned for this very valuable site. In the future I will make sure not to waste you time.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ohh now that is bad...
    Make a report for that if you did in fact have contact with the user.
    Hope you have the ID64 cause the CustomURL which we never want users to give us is no longer valid.
  7. lovecow

lovecow New User

Steam:
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The user is guilty but there are thousands of users like this - we just can't get them all nor is that our purpose here.
    If we allowed reports at random for accounts like this we would have just users racing to make reports...turning into some vigilante brigade...you get the idea.
    Go ahead and make a report to the user I'll go ahead and address this one.
    Ohh and get FULL screenshots of the users ENTIRE profile.
    Rosalina likes this.
  9. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64197455
  10. lovecow

lovecow New User

Steam:
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  12. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64197455
    I uploaded two screenshots that were identical. I saved the first one and decided that I could just make a 2nd copy of it. The intention was to have an unedited version and then the 2nd image was showing that in the first image the steam64 ID was of relevance as you can see it matches the 64ID in the report.

TL:DR It wasn't uploaded as evidence, but rather to point out something significant in the unedited screenshot. Otherwise the 64ID in the first screenshot might go missed.