1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561197966563795 - (joekiller / SR CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by joekiller, Jan 14, 2017.

1. joekiller

joekiller New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3149033
    final.

Attached Files:

2. joekiller

joekiller New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3149033
    I was chatting with You Are The One over steam and said I didn't understand why my case wasn't cut and dry, I traded and was tagged. He mentioned that the policy change (https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-policy-changes-for-2016.119548/) didn't cover brokering/laundering. This surprised me as I never considered that I was being scrutinized for brokering or laundering because it has never been mentioned until then and previous discussions about my trade were always focus around that I traded with homey and he was able to "cash out easier". My intention of the trade was to get the beams TC, nothing more. Regardless, even in that context I was just trading straight fair market value for the hat and treated those trades like I treat all others. pay what it takes to get the hat.

I submit further that I was not interested in anything like brokering or laundering as I voluntarily posted all my trades around those times and paypal transactions to prove my clean record prior to ever even having the notion that brokering/laundering was the real suspicion holding me in limbo. I literally was getting in touch with You Are The One to tell him I had posted the screenshots and then was informed about suspicion of brokering/laundering.

Just to sum up the screenshots. The alt has zero trades that are not with myself. All trades are for low level strange or below stuff.

As for the TC and other trades with homeyhomedawg I maintain what I said before. I trusted the guy enough from the April trades so i ignored his tag. I was only in it for the hat and didn't consider the side effects. to me I was trading straight up so not scamming anyone. Below is a record of every trade with him and the fair market value I paid. When I chatted with

All in all, these are the only trades I ever did with a marked person. I've never done a marked trade since and if someone else had the Beams TC for 50 buds and would've traded straight fair value, like I always do, I would have gladly ignored homey.

Because my "Caution" tag was issued because I traded with someone marked as a scammer and have provided ample evidence that I am guilty of nothing more than being able to buy lots of keys for trading for good hats. I feel that the policy change is valid for my appeal. https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/policy-change-trades-with-scammer-policy-end-of-life.119528/

Attached what parts of the chats I had with homey negotiating the big TC trade and then the one with you are the one talking about this appeal.

Attached Files:

3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I am granting this appeal, you wont get anymore leeway on anything going forward. You understand as much and hopefully that will be the end of it.