1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Don't make a report without proper evidence

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Tim4, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Tim4

Tim4 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33836989
    No evidence?

I made this report https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198105071091-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.171704/ and then this https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...tf2-team-fortress-2-items.171714/#post-451301 where i added trade offer chat log screenshots.

What else evidence needed? How i can attach chat log screenshot if there no chat log at all, only trade offer chat log screenshots, because i am not even add him to my friends contact list. I thought that was obviously. No one cant show more evidence in this case, so if i correctly understand everyone can spam with scam trade offers like that and victim cannot prove anything, right?
  2. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    the evidence you provided only shows you trading metal for gift, nothing proves you and the user agreed that he is buying your gift.
  3. Tim4

Tim4 New User

Steam:
    See? Very easy to scam like this. Hard to notice the difference. He buyed my metal, not my gift. This is the whole point.
  4. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    I'm not deciding whether it is a scam or not, all I'm saying is that you have nothing to prove he agreed to buy your gift and then quick switched the items.
    if you and another user agreed to say, sell him keys for paypal, then he doesn't send you any money but you come here with only proof that you sent him keys, that's still not going to be accepted as you can't prove he agreed to send you any money, you can''t prove it wasn't just a gift.

similarly, you can't prove that he broke an agreement, there's no context.
    Lava likes this.
  5. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello @Tim4 ,

I reviewed your reports and I find it Invalid too, the admin who invalidated your reports was correct. There's zero evidence of a agreement and the only valid agreement/discussion about a trade that we accept is Steam chat only, anything else is Invalid.
    What you are saying is a "trade offer message" not chat logs or a agreement about a trade.

Additionally: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/ #3
  6. Tim4

Tim4 New User

Steam:
    One more time: he never agreed to buy my gift. He sell me his gift. He made me opposite trade offer, which easy to didint notice the difference and confirm. But i ask him to ust withdraw this trade if he not do this intensionally. And what he said? He said i am ✿✿✿✿✿✿ed and tried change the subject.

So thats what i ask there: everyone can do like that? No one here recognizes scam?
  7. Tim4

Tim4 New User

Steam:
    @Edward, ok got it. Thank you.

Just one more time want to ask: everyone can spam with scam trade offers like that and victim cannot prove anything, right? No one here recognizes scam?
  8. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64197455
    that's not quite the right mindset. What if he misunderstood your trade terms and then sent the offer in reverse thinking you were buying beep. You could have declined it, but you accepted.

Also, what if you agreed to the trade and then later decided you wanted a trade back? He says no so you make a report like this. There are a lot of cases where a chat is just 100% necessary. There is no proof showing that he scammed you.

It's on you to prove he scammed you and you haven't done that. What I see, as an outside party, is a fair and legitimate trade that you're unhappy with.
  9. Tim4

Tim4 New User

Steam:
    Do you seen what he said?

I already said what if he "misunderstood" my trade terms.

Are you seriously? Fair? Following yours and admin/moderators stuff logic on steamrep there is no problem and this is legal. Ok then. Ill do the same on next weekend with random traders, then i report there how much this took time and how much i got profit from this "misunderstood trades". Fair enough.
  10. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Its pretty clear that you don't like the result I gave you on both of those reports - but the results are final.
    Issue is you didn't provide or can't provide any context around the trades so for all we know there was an alternate deal struck - maybe for funds outside of steam trading. SR doesn't get involved with value disputes so the value of the items you feel they are worth is irrelevant.
    So as you can see there are many instances of a report we MUST have some kinda agreement/context/chat or whatever thru steam chat screenshots to review and connect the dots to the rest of the evidence provided.
    There are some that do not need this but those are completely different scam attempts.
    It would be no difference if someone traded you items and they reported you here saying you scammed them yet they didn't provide any context around the trade..I'm sure you would be rather unhappy if we tagged you without valid evidence to confirm what happened with the trade.

Now as another note and for all others reading this - making a General Forum thread to complain about reports or appeals outcomes isn't allowed - we clearly posted it in the FAQ.
    Please review that when you get a chance.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/
    Lava, Enstage, Rosalina and 1 other person like this.
  11. tugger

tugger New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:21696225
    Ah. So the correct cadence is to simply cap and save all exchange discussions to a dedicated folder.
    Seems simple enough, though it remains relatively easy to doctor screencaps, isn't it?

It would be good if there were a reliable chat logging software that could be authenticated by Steamrep. For the funding Steamrep must generate, can't one developer step forward?
  12. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Not possible, for many physical and ethical reasons.