1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Steam Chat Logger ++ download

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by alkon, Aug 18, 2017.

1. alkon

alkon SteamRep Moderator

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54985637
    Hello everyone

I just want to share some very useful tool for steam which is chatlogger. The tool will log all of your messages you recive on steam. It helped me a lot when trading, since messages tend to get deleted after some time. The app is quite old but should still work on win10. The reason why I'm posting this here is because many of my friends couldn't find it anymore and I haven't seen it here yet.

The link to the download is www DOT dropbox DOT com/s/96o0nhugofof07g/Chat Logger++.exe?dl=0

Setting it up is simple. First you downoad it then just put it in the map. The app should store all logs on the map.

I attached some screenshots of how it looks like

NOTE: Link above edited by admin to prevent direct linking an EXE. We have to be cautious. We can never recommend downloading/running/installing unknown EXEs as that's an easy way to lose control of your PC or Steam account.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2017
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Been using this for ages (can confirm, works on Win10), and it has been discussed here many times before.

Important note:
    chat logs from Chatlogger++ are not admissible as evidence on SR, as they can easily be edited (they're just stored in a text document).
    Sniper Pro likes this.
  3. alkon

alkon SteamRep Moderator

Steam:
    Glad to hear its working for others too. I was assuming that it would be discussed here already but couldn't find any thread connected to it.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Yes nothing like this would be acceptable evidence for reports here - we ONLY take Steam Chat Screenshots - and by that client chat boxes.
    Discord = no
    skype = no
    facebook = no
    for some reason this is hard for most to understand but NEVER discuss steam trading out side of steam chat.
  5. alkon

alkon SteamRep Moderator

Steam:
    Yes I know evidence there isn't acceptable. The point of this post is just showing off the tool what it does and where to get it.
  6. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    NOTE: Link above edited by me to prevent direct linking an EXE. We have to be cautious. We can never recommend downloading/running/installing unknown EXEs as that's an easy way to lose control of your PC or Steam account.

To be fair, I still use a very very old build of Chat Logger++ and it works fine. But keep in mind we have no idea who compiled the EXE linked above and if it's a safe one. Use any EXE at your own risk-- we certainly can't recommend such things here.
    Lava and Roudydogg1 like this.
  7. tugger

tugger New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:21696225
    Dang. Wish I knew about loggers sooner.

There should be a grace period for chat saves in Steam, it makes tracking down scammers difficult.
    My screens are buried in mountains of screens between six different devices. Maybe an integrated (verified) chat feature would be very useful for Steam support along with Steam Rep.
  8. alkon

alkon SteamRep Moderator

Steam:
    I wish there was an option for steam to save all chat logs :/
  9. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  10. alkon

alkon SteamRep Moderator

Steam: