1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

New Scam Method! ALERT!!

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ✪ Cassidy⋆Alcapone, Aug 19, 2017.

1. ✪ Cassidy⋆Alcapone

✪ Cassidy⋆Alcapone Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:838455
    I try to discribe it as good as i can.
    So i added my M9 Sapphire on Opskins.. I get alot of scam massages via Steam because of that M9.
    But today a guy added me : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198401310248/
    He told he would buy it instantly from the site if i can proof the "regar green Status" of my Knife.
    I asked him what it is etc.
    He told me its a Google Chrome App which checks your items in your inventory and put a green or red color on it.
    Green for Non Duped/Not Stolen and red for Dubed/stolen
    i tried this app with some low skins... seems legit. As soon as i put my M9 back from OPSkins in the Inventory to check the color it popped green.. i made a screenshot of it and posted him on Steam. He said "oh nice, its green, now put it back on Opskins and i buy it, and dont forget to share youre Reg on Opskins."
    I was really afraid that i will loose my M9 so i tried with a 10 cent skin to Put it on Opskins and return it with the Chrome app running.
    Instantly when i opened up OPskins, i needed to put my Acocunt information new... everything got deleted.
    That guy wasnt possible to proof me the "Regar status" from any skin on Opskins so i can trust its real or not.
    The Chrome app is called "Mavena" but there are alot of App's like this....Do not trust those peoples at all!
    Lucky me i didnt traded my M9 again. Otherwhise it would be Scammed i guess.
    Or am i wrong and this Regar status thingy is real?

Regards
    Cassidy
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Not new - very old - few years in fact.
  3. ✪ Cassidy⋆Alcapone

Steam:
    So how does this Scam Method work? I really dont get it xD
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The fake chrome plugin makes your items appear as if they are valued less than what the site really says they are.
    Deceptive viewing basically of the items.
    While SR doesn't get involved with Value/pricing disputes - this is clearly an act to trick you.
    Some of the plugins try to trick you into thinking your items are BAD or need to be verified and inspected also... then they bring another user in (typically a fake steam admin or something along those lines) - and remember kiddies... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ITEM VERIFICATION!! NO SUCH THING AS STEAM ADMINS!! NOBODY HERE WILL CHECK YOUR STUFF.............. soon as you get wind of something like this being discussed just delete the user, report them to Valve and go on with life.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. ✪ Cassidy⋆Alcapone

Steam:
    Oh my god !! No i just found out how this scam method works!!

I just Installed the APP Mavena again!! i bought a 0,03 Cent Gallil from OP skins and sold it again on Opskins....
    THat App Direct the Trade isntanly to a Fake OPSKINS bot!! but everything looks LEGIT !! even the pop up on the site is FAKE !! Oh my god !!!
  6. ✪ Cassidy⋆Alcapone

Steam:
  7. ✪ Cassidy⋆Alcapone

Steam:
    The green Pop Up when you return or sell items... everything looks same like the Pop up's from OPSKINS.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok so anyway I think you get the idea- and fake bots of any site are all over the place so again best to just ignore them.

Most of these type of scams or acts are already discussed here and other places.. be sure to search around and read around.
  9. ✪ Cassidy⋆Alcapone

Steam:
    No, this Scam Method is different... There's not just a Fake Bot that Trade's you...
    When you sell or return items from youre Listings from Opskins... There Pops up a green Massage that says Tradeoffer ready bla bla bla Trade offer Code : XYZ123
    But the Chrome APP Mavena Copy all this Massages from Opskins and puts another Layout over this Massages with Fake Bot Trade link and Fake Trade offer Code...
    You will easily fall for this Scam method.
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The concept is the same - its all using a FAKE CHROME EXTENSION... again its best o just ignore users that reference this.
    The fake bot account is nothing more than a throwaway account - anyone can make a new steam account in seconds.
    So anyway if you have a report to make then feel free to make one.

There isn't but so much SR can do anyway - make sure you report it to valve, report it to the site that is involved if you want.. etc etc..
  11. ✪ Cassidy⋆Alcapone

Steam:
    The Chrome App Mavena Copys and blocks severals interactiosn on the Site... You cannot browse youre items listings etc... It simply blocks you to do stuff on OPskins... An puts Fake layouts over the Trade Massages from Opskins...
    If you Install this app and trade or sell on Opskins ... each trade will automatically go to fake bot accounts... no matter what you do... and everything looks legit.
  12. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Chrome extension scams are all different, each work in a different way. The one you are describing is one of many, and is most certainly not new.
  13. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello @✪ Cassidy⋆Alcapone ,

You can look around the forums and I'm sure you will find various type of the same or similar scam happening on a daily basis. Yes obviously some fake chrome extensions are more sophisticated than the others but that won't make it a different or a new scam just because it has more features to trick/scam the user.