1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

this site is stupid in terms of scam submitting

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by ButtStallion, Aug 23, 2017.

1. ButtStallion

ButtStallion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:71250243
    I have evidence. I have the trade history. But no, because i don't have the date or time stamp on a chat but i have everything else) nothing will be done. I LITERALLY HAVE EVERYTHING BUT BECAUSE I AM MISSING ONE THING THE MOTHER f✿✿✿✿er GETS AWAY WITH IT SCOT FREE. That needs to change. Its bullshit and its letting so many scammers get away with what they do. For a company that's trying to keep the scammers away you really make it hard to do. And i get it; you don't want to have false reports. that's fair. but requiring a time stamp for everything? or the whole conversation, which gets deleted as soon as you close and even if you get a screen shot of it you don't get it all, when all you need is the part where they offer the trad, do the trade and then unfriend and block you? To me, that is stupid.

Attached Files:

Jeremy Corbyn likes this.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. ButtStallion

ButtStallion New User

Steam:
    whatever. and im not refuting the decision. i understand the evidence wasnt there. what im annoyed about is that there are so many people whos reports go straight to the garbage because they close the tab after they think they have everything but then cant go back to get it. thats what i find stupid. i can literally prove the timestamp on my picture, i can do everything to prove the day of the trade, but because im missing ONE thing everything else gets thrown away. thats what im mad about
  4. ButtStallion

ButtStallion New User

Steam:
    sorry. i wont burst out like that again. i know you guys have to be sure without a doubt of the situation.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    We can't help that Valve doesn't have a way for chat to be retained.
    Our investigations of reports here are very limited to what we can use and accept so things have to be all together before we do anything more.
    Now your report is still there - may be invalid cause of the evidence wasn't right but its still searchable so anyone can search that user and you for that matter now to decide if they wish to deal with either. Without proper evidence the report will get quickly archived/invalidated to avoid the accused being improperly accused for something they may have not been involved with or done.
    I'm sure you would be rather upset if someone reported you without valid evidence and we tagged you for it.
  6. ButtStallion

ButtStallion New User

Steam:
    Agreed. And I don't really hate this site. its very useful. I'm more mad at myself than anything and you guys were what I saw as a way to get help. its an awesome site and has a lot of benefits for big traders. you just happened to be in the firing line. i would like to appologize and ask for your understanding, and promise to never do it again, and if it does happen(through my own stupidity), to present the proper evidence.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm always in the firing line - it comes with the position.
    Love/Hate relationship.
    Roudydogg1 and schmed like this.
  8. ButtStallion

ButtStallion New User

Steam:
    Thanks. Just wanted to apologize. mom would hit me if she saw this ;P but thank you again for being understanding and for helping me defuse and calm down. Now i will make sure everyone i know knows that if they get scammed to grab the whole screenshot, chat log, and trade history. Knowing that beforehand would really help but is something that is generally not known until it is too late.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  9. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Another possible workaround is screens taken from steam mobile sometimes retain conversations, reports team may or may not accept them depending on how complete and other corroborating information.
  10. Jeremy Corbyn

Jeremy Corbyn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:105269813
    You think that's bad? I had all the screenshots I needed, but the one thing that meant my report was invalid.. I was no longer his friend.. WELL NO s✿✿✿ HE BLOCKED ME?
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin: