1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198154480588 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by えぐ | SetsFast.com, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. えぐ | SetsFast.com

えぐ | SetsFast.com New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1593122
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198154480588

Victim profile: 76561197963451972

What happened? Description:
    I knew this person because they were referred to me by a friend and they bought a Steam account from me, in that situation they sent me money first on Paypal, they got the account and it all went smoothly.

A week later i got a message from them saying they were looking to sell their StatTrak™ Flip Knife | Slaughter (http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlexHarri200/inventory/#730_2_4620515254) for £150, i checked current listings on OPskins and such to check the price and he was offering a rather good deal.

At the time i was planning on purchasing 150 keys but wasnt planning to use them for a few weeks so i thought if i buy this knife i can trade it for keys within the time i have and make a little bit of profit. I asked him if he had any reputation threads and he told me he didn't as he rarely sells items, and the last time he did he got scammed, although i didn't enquire further for proof on that.

He already had trust with me as i had sold him the Steam account previously and i delivered so showed willingness to send the item prior to payment, i had made it very clear that since he didn't have any rep threads of sort i would not send him the money first.

He made it seem like he was truly legitimate and he suggested that i send him a portion first, he sends me the item and i send the rest. Then unsurprisingly he awaited the payment and blocked me. Luckily i was sceptical of him following through so i sent it as a business payment so i will get my money back, as soon as he blocked me i initiated the dispute so he was unable to spend it.

I checked his Steamrep at the time and saw no bans so had no suspicion, unfortunately now i can see there was a previous report of him doing the exact same thing to someone else but the report was invalidated because the victim there didn't respond. https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...counter-strike-global-offensive-items.171473/

I have no trade history to show as i have never traded any items with the user but i shall show the Paypal payment of which is currently in dispute.

He also advertises on his profile now that he is selling his knife and is blatantly trying to bait more people, if i saw he was banned on Steamrep this never would have happened.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Rui

Rui Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53875948
    Unfortunately without any screenshots of the chat agreement or trade history. We simply don't have enough proof to mark the user as a scammer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.