1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198170797171 - (dargon/ original jiffjaffgamer / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by dargon, Sep 21, 2017.

1. dargon

dargon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:105265721
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198170797171 (dargon/ original jiffjaffgamer)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I do not have any other accounts. I would like to say I did not actually recieve any items from my attempted trade scams (2 or 3). Half were denied and I cancelled the other.​

Appeal description:
    I was feeling down in the dumps after losing my knife whilst idiotically gambling so I decided to attempt a trade scam. I have been scammed before so I felt horrible even considering it. I horribly regret it now - not only because I can no longer trade but because I know how horrific it is to have things taken from you. I am horribly sorry and I can promise it will never happen again.​
  2. dargon

Steam:
    I didn't post this in the post before because I thought it had nothing to do with my scam attempt - but I was told by someone I asked about getting unbanned (outside of the SteamRep community) and he said feeling stupid and wanting another knife wasnt good enough - and he said I wouldnt be unbanned because of saying that. So - my idols are traders with huge inventories and it's practically my dream to make it big as a trader one day. Obviously I cant do that having been banned from the reddit trading page - but also I was going through some personal issues at the time in school - basically I was being peer pressured into not telling someone about a problem a friend of mine had, and it ate away at me slowly and made me feel like s✿✿✿ constantly. I know this has nothing to do with scamming - but I was asked by said person if there was anything that was happening to me that would prompt such an idiotic and immature action - and that's it I guess.
  3. dargon

Steam:
    IDK if bumps are a thing here, but it's been almost 2 years since the ban. I'm older and more mature - and also not as invested in skins as I was. I do sincerely promise I won't attempt something like this again - I just want this mark off my record and to wipe the slate clean. A derank to a caution is fine - I just want to get back in to trading the occasional skin and move on from my idiocy. Thankyou for your time and consideration.
  4. dargon

Steam:
    I'd also like to add as this wasn't originally included that the person I attempted to scam did not lose anything, it was a failed scam but I obviously would have returned him the item if it did happen to work.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Its unusual I would add someone for an appeal to chat about a case over steam, usually questions that the replies in nature, might not be appropriate for a public setting such as this forum. I have had an invite out to you, for awhile now, I can give you an additional week or I will process the appeal as-is, here on the forums w/o the additional digging that might be helpful in such a case.
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I have had an invite out to you for two weeks now (twice as long as I said I would above) and you show as last online 4 hours ago.
    I hope you changed as you said, but based on what I have to go off, I am unable to consider the appeal.

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**