1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198352078540 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Orthros, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orthros

Orthros New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:102276942
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198352078540

Victim profile: 76561198164819613

What happened? Description:
    He added me a couple days before this occurrence, but didn't message me until shortly before this report is being written. He added me asking if I was "selling my item", to which I said I was. He asked if I was looking for Keys for it. I said yes, around 40 (A Circling Heart Hotties Hoodie, clean + short history at the time was worth 43 keys) . He said ok and asked if we had a deal. After a bit of minor confusion, we settled on 40 keys. However, he asked if I could do him a favor before he confirmed on mobile. (I was suspicious already at that, not only because that line tends to lead to a scam, but also because he had little to no time between our agreeing and he supposedly putting 41 total items into a Steam trade window and getting the confirmation sent to his mobile.

When I decided to play along and agree, he asked me "can we double check your unusual first in OPskins market if its 100%marketable in OPskins market"

This of course made it pretty clear what was going on. However, since I had already checked his Profile on Steamrep and saw that he hadn't been reported yet, I decided to play along to see if I could get him dealt with. He led me through the steps that would've had me list my item on OPskins for him to steal, but when it was about to go through, I called him out. I revealed my suspicions as well as my experience in trading as a whole. To his credit, he played it off well, but it was clear he was in a rush to get away from me.

I've submitted several screenshots of the chat, uncropped and taken via Lightshot. They show my entire screen. I also recorded the whole thing, which can be found as an Unlisted Video here:

Provide Evidence:
    First half of the Chat Log
    Screenshot_5.png

Second half of the Chat Log
    Screenshot_6.png

YouTube Video recording the whole thing live

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Orthros We don't accept videos - just fyI

Attached Files:

• 2og.jpg
      2og.jpg
      File size:
      181 KB
      Views:
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.