1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

For anyone who overlooks/reports on appeals

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Existing Fault, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Existing Fault

Existing Fault Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43579554
    So... I got banned 155+ days ago. I put in an appeal, I'm not here to ask you to make a decision. I just want a rough estimate of how much longer this will keep up. Because frankly, I'm getting sick of waiting and its destroyed my reputation with TF2. I cannot go on TF2 for long and when I do, I don't exactly like knowing that the game that I loved first and played for 7 years in a row is stopping me enjoying Steam.
  2. Z o o f i e

Z o o f i e New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1679355
    There are lots of appeals ahead of you, there will not be a status update given to you I'm sure.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    No easy answer to this. Generally, if they aren't caught in pre-screening, appeals are handled first-in-first-out, in queues broken down by year. That's for appeals where the offense itself is contested. Often those ones wait around 2 years. Yes, we're working on trimming that time down. You can read more about appeal timeframe here.

In your case, you freely admit having committed the scam, and are simply asking for a "second chance". That means your appeal is treated with lower priority than those who plead innocence. Right now, our primary focus is ensuring that as few innocent people get hurt as possible. And some of those have been waiting substantially longer than you have. You have only been marked 5 months so far, and already claim you had a change of heart. Right now, we have people who have been waiting years, claiming innocence, so I think we'll work on their cases first.
  4. Existing Fault

Existing Fault Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43579554
    Thank you for at least trying to answer this question Lava. I value you at least trying to say how long it'll take. So... I'm guessing I'm looking at what... maybe 2 years wait?