1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198114608640 - (squid - new acct / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by squid - new acct, Feb 24, 2015.

1. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Thanks for the update, Ill make sure your case is not archived/handled in the meantime for not following up.
  2. squid - new acct

squid - new acct Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:77171456
    Hello,
    I'll be going home to visit family during fall break so I won't be able to view this thread.
    I can still be contacted via Steam if necessary as I'll have my phone with me.
    Thanks

Start date: October 20 2017
    End date: October 25 2017
    Reason: vacation
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    The extended break requirement is only needed if you will be away longer then two weeks, no need to let us know for a five day absence.
  4. squid - new acct

Steam:
    Right on. I'll avoid cluttering up the thread in the future.
  5. squid - new acct

Steam:
    Hello,

Sorry to bump this ancient thread, but it's been nearly 5 years since my ban was enacted.

I was a stupid kid way back then, I'm now in college and am a completely different person.
    Since I never actually committed a scam and have had no intention to for years, I would like to get in touch with someone who can help me work things out.

I'd also like to add that my brother (http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198077988728) is also banned, for being an alt (???) of myself. You can look at the ip addresses or whatever is needed to verify, but I no longer even live in the same state as him and it's ridiculous that he has to deal with a SteamRep ban for absolutely no reason.

Thanks for your time, and sorry for bumping this thread again.
  6. squid - new acct

Steam:
    Hello,

This will be the last time I attempt to bump this thread. I understand the appeal process can sometimes take a while; however, it's been nearly 2 years since I've had a reply to this thread, nearly 4 years since I initially posted my appeal, and nearly 6 years since I was originally banned.

Attempting to scam someone was wrong; I was just a dumb kid trying to "get rich quick" and I didn't realize what the long-term effects of my actions would be. I apologize to the person whom I attempted to scam, although unfortunately after such a long time I don't remember their name or even what I was trying to scam from them.

I would like to get back into the TF2 trading community, it's been frustrating for both me and my brother (who's still tagged as my alt for some reason) to be marked as scammers for something I tried to do and regretted years ago.

I apologize for trying to bump this thread again, I'm just not sure of any other way to bring attention to my case. I'd love to contact someone who could help me but unfortunately I don't know where to look.

Thanks again.
  7. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hello @squid - new acct,

Your appeal has been reviewed and it has been rejected for the following reason(s):

- Change of heart is not a valid reason to overturn a serious ban within the trade community
    - Appeal does not demonstrate any genuine change of heart, you appear to be more concerned with getting back into trading and accessing sites/servers than actually taking responsibility for what you did

Despite your appeal being rejected, it's recommended that you avoid future situations that might appear to be fraud with Steam trading. Sometimes people reported to Valve by its users can get their accounts trade banned by Steam Support.