1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198109065124 - (aimless / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by aimless, Jul 25, 2015.

1. aimless

aimless Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:74399698
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198109065124 (aimless)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    | steamname: johnny_astroboy93
    | steam3ID: [U:1:98924893]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:49462446
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059190621
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ChoiceScarfEbola
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198059190621

Appeal description:
    The reason I got banned is because one night, about 2 years ago, a Steel HL team I was ringing for was having a scrim. We were playing Aegis's team, dK, at the time a Gold team - but we weren't aware they were Gold, we thought they were Steel like us. This made me upset, personally, because it was my friend's tryout for the team, and I figured he wouldn't make the team because we got rolled really badly. So to express my anger/get back at the other team, I changed my name to whatever Aegis's was at the time, and started making fun of his starter guides (aka impersonation.) This was immature of me, yes, but not a very serious offense, and this is the only time I have ever done anything questionable by SteamRep standards so I think I deserve to be unbanned.​
  2. aimless

Steam:
    One thing I forgot to mention is that I changed my name back to normal before the scrim ended, the impersonation only lasted for the duration of the scrim, which was less than an hour.
  3. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    No scam, attempt, or intent to scam was made.
  4. aimless

Steam:
    Bumping this. Its been over 2 months with no response. My ban was a mere technicality - only changing my name to Aces's as a joke - I never planned on scamming anyone.
  5. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Don't bump your thread, it won't help you.
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
  6. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Your appeal seems to be made on solid grounds. It may take a while for SR Admins to queue up to it, but best of luck!
  7. aimless

Steam:
    Thank you :] Sorry for bumping my thread btw, I didnt know I wasnt supposed to
  8. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    conditionally downgrading pending handling of the appeal (i am not actually taking your appeal right now)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    It appears that you did not fully disclose all your alternate steam accounts (and I find this action was knowingly done) lying/lying by omission are grounds for revoking the conditional downgrade (now revoked) and instantly denying an appeal.

Amend your appeal asap, with an explanation of why you chose not to disclose the account(s) two weeks notice to do so.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  10. You Are The One

Steam:
    Failure to followup and lying by omission. Appeal denied.