1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

What’s the point of the appeal section?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by SneakyGoyFriend, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SneakyGoyFriend

SneakyGoyFriend New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:166590354
    When most appeals are not finished being reviewed, and some are ignored for years, and hundreds of them pile up because this site is really
    Understaffed and kinda lazy...
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    What's the point of posting from an alt account when you can just post on your main? :)

This site is staffed by volunteers. The nature of the appeals process (proving innocence after guilt is established) means that every appeal is unique and will require much more time and effort than reading through a simple report will. Unless you have specific suggestions for the appeals team, please take your opinions elsewhere. Please refer to Rule #11 of the General Discussion FAQ before posting again.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    SR sometimes gives poor moderation service.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Enstage, Roudydogg1 and Horse like this.
  4. DDSN

DDSN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20039932
    i made a appeal in 2013, bumped it once in 2014 and it still hasnt been looked into
  5. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    o_O
  6. DDSN

DDSN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20039932
    well, hopefully by the time my appeal goes through my great great grandchildren can use scrap.tf
    ♠ Journey and You Are The One like this.
  7. a Gentleman

Steam:
    I don't think you understand. Just because you made an appeal does not mean that it will go through, especially since you've admitted to committing the offense. Please do not reply to this unless you have something substantive to add.
  8. Flogron

Flogron Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50597309
    Yeah but it shouldn't be lifetime sentence either.
  9. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    SR sometimes gives poor moderation service.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  10. iApolloo

iApolloo Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:90482176
    • DO NOT BUMP YOUR APPEALS OR POST ABOUT THEM IN GENERAL DISCUSSION. Link removed.
    Content removed.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2017
  11. a Gentleman

Steam:
    @iApolloo Do not bump appeals. Do not bump appeals in general discussion. Do not link or talk about your appeal in general discussion.

That's not a substantive reply.

Both of you have received warnings. Please read the rules in the General Discussion FAQ before posting again or you may receive a cooldown from the forums.
  12. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Appeals are generally handled first-in-first-out, with priority given to those who claim innocence, instead of those pleading for a second chance. Yes, they take a long time, yes it's bad, yes we're sorry about it, and yes we're working on reducing that wait time. Until that happens, I'm sorry to say, you'll have to wait your turn.

The long wait for appeals doesn't mean they aren't being worked on at all, or that we should stop letting people submit appeals as the OP facetiously suggested.
    Bear in mind, this isn't about you. It's about everyone else who might otherwise trade with you and get scammed because they didn't know you're a scammer. It's about helping traders make informed decisions on who they're dealing with, not avenging your victim. Think of it as a warning label, which is currently not temporary in nature.

While we try to encourage open discussion in the General Discussion forum, I see several other marked scammers in here hijacking the thread to try and expedite their own appeals, with no intention of discussion or anything other than cutting to the front of the line. For anyone lurking, read appeal tips #15 and #16 on why that's not allowed. If it happens again, this thread will be locked.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  13. Flogron

Flogron Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50597309
    Well sorry if it looked like that, but i wasn't really bumping my appeal. I was merely responding to a thread on subject which i disagree. It's kinda sad to be honest that you already think of it as bumping but i guess it's common around here.
  14. homer guy

homer guy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:107320254
    haha i cant post at all
  15. iApolloo

iApolloo Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:90482176
    He said November. I was just reminding you that its November so that I wasn't forgotten about. I wont post anything else about it.
  16. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    And thus the thread is locked.

If you believe you have a commitment from a specific admin to look at your thread on or by a specific date, I'd suggest PMing that admin instead of spamming the general discussion forum about it.
    Roudydogg1 and a Gentleman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.