1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198050617754 - (Hunter / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Hunter 8, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Hunter 8

Hunter 8 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45176013
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198050617754 (Hunter)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    Tried to purchase in-game items using real money because my primary account is SR banned.
    huntertheseconddude​

Appeal description:
    Hello Steamrep Admin,

I used to be very interested in trading in Tf2 back when I was 15, about 5 years ago. At that time I was playing on a Skial server, and was suckered into a fake moderator position. My account was hijacked, and all of my valuable items were traded away. I was devastated, and left Tf2 as a result. I've recently gotten back into the game and wanted to purchase some of the items I'd coveted before. I went to buy them on tf2marketplace only to find I was banned due to my Steamrep. Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure I did this to myself. When the hijacker took my account I basically tried to shut the thing down around him. I cannot provide you with hard evidence of these transactions due to the length of time between my hypothetical infraction and now. Is there some other way I can prove my innocence? Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
    Hunter​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you are claiming hijack, you must provide proof.
  3. Hunter 8

Steam:
    I was hijacked 5 years ago, and the account is now back in my control as of 4.5 years ago. How do I provide proof?
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    Well, if you were hijacked, you must have made a support ticket to recover your account. Right?
  5. Hunter 8

Steam:
    Yes, but I had my account under a different email at the time. It was verified with my Mom's sbcglobal email, which has since been shut down. I haven't been able to access it in years. Is there a way to view prior tickets linked to the same Steam account in Steam Support? Sorry, I know you aren't tech support, I just can't seem to find a way. I do have proof that I have had this issue before though, if that's worth anything.

Attached Files:

6. You Are The One

Steam:
    First, we do not accept cropped screenshots. Next, nothing in that ticket indicates a hijacking, just a lost/forgotten password.
    Where are you from? Be specific in terms of Country/City From the time of your hijacking to now.
    Give exact dates from when you lost access to when you regained access to your account.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  7. Hunter 8

Steam:
    Sorry about that, I thought I got the entire window. I have attached the full version. I sent you that support ticket to show that I have had issues accessing my account in the past. The hijack ticket was submitted when my account was validated with my [email protected] email. I cannot access this email because I forgot the password, and the validated email is tied to a dead email (my Mom's sbcglobal account). The ticket I snipping tooled is proof that I have not been able to access that email, with the explicit proof of my hijacking, since 2013. I am from Chicago, Illinois, in the United States. When I lost control of my account I created a separate steam support account, which was also tied to [email protected]. I lost control of my account approximately 1,810 days ago. I know this because I made an alternate account when my main was hijacked so I could still play TF2 with my friends. I last logged into that account 1,810 days ago, meaning I regained control on December 28th, 2012. I have attached a conversation 14-year-old me had with himself when he got his account back. I know it's silly, but it's all I really have.

Attached Files:

8. Hunter 8

Steam:
    It's also important to mention that the screenshot for HuntersProof.PNG is from my friend Ryan's account who I am currently sitting across from. However, that message is currently on my profile, and has been since 2012.
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    Once again, we do not accept cropped screenshots (and that is the same support request already mentioned previously that does not indicate any type of hijacking) and you have not given exact dates of when you were hijacked and when you recovered your account.
  10. Hunter 8

Steam:
    I'm sorry, I don't know how you want me to show my submitted tickets then. I do not have access to the support account used at the time I was hijacked because it was tied to my other email. I'm showing you the ticket of me trying to get my password back because it mentions how I cannot access that same email, thus explaining why I cannot provide you with the ticket I sent to regain access to my account after I was hijacked. It would be an awful lot of effort, 5 years of machinations in fact, to try and falsify this. The hijacking occurred around December 14th 2012, and I regained access on December 28th, 2012. How can I best cooperate here?
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    Since you cannot otherwise prove you were hijacked, I am going to deny this appeal.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**