1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198289155411 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by richy6, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richy6

richy6 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:85503299
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198289155411

Victim profile: 76561198131272326

What happened? Description:
    Added me randomly and wanted to trade my knife. He then proceeded to try to trade my items with a steam "validation" volunteer or something​

Provide Evidence:
    There is also his other account, which has all his items, he denied me of adding him
    64id : 76561198413038496
    | steamname: ACG
    | steamID32: [U:1:452772768]
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198413038496
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198413038496
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198413038496

Thank you!​

Never tell your password to anyone.
    Tue Jan 09 2018
    [3:40:42 PM] ACG: hey
    [3:40:42 PM] ACG: hey
    [3:40:43 PM] ACG: hey
    [3:40:43 PM] ACG: hey
    [3:40:43 PM] ACG: he
    [3:40:45 PM] ACG: y
    [3:40:52 PM] richy: What
    [3:40:58 PM] ACG: hello
    [3:41:00 PM] ACG: its 10
    [3:41:05 PM] ACG: when you can trade your knife?
    [3:41:07 PM] ACG: what time?
    [3:41:20 PM] richy: It’s still the 9th for me
    [3:41:25 PM] ACG: ohh
    [3:41:25 PM] ACG: lol
    [3:42:12 PM] ACG: okay dude
    [3:42:14 PM] ACG: we wait tomorrow
    richy: Yo
    ACG: yea
    richy: can you make your inv public for like 10 mi
    richy: min
    ACG: yes you can check it here
    ACG: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198413038496/inventory/
    ACG: click
    richy: alright, letme add you on that profile
    ACG: i will add you after the discuss
    ACG: okay?
    richy: discuss what
    ACG: lets validate both of our items first so that we can assure both of us are same innocent here
    richy: How do we "validate"
    ACG: we will if you can trade your knife
    ACG: i will just tell you
    richy: Cant I just add your account with your knifes and just trade that way?
    richy: There is no way to scam someone like that
    ACG: lets validate items first
    ACG: i dont intend to scam you like that
    ACG: ok?
    richy: What does validation do
    ACG: we really need item validation to avoid any condition such as dupplication of items and other staff, this kind of transaction is big, really need item validation, besides, its just for our safety.
    richy: And how can I hold you accountable so that you dont just run off with my knife
    ACG: what do you mean?
    richy: I need you to give me something of equal value to my knife so that you dont just block me and run off with my knife
    ACG: nooo
    ACG: i dont intend to do that
    richy: I still dont trust you, words that you say dont mean anything
    ACG: we can hire a steam helper to validate both of our items
    richy: I need to hold you accountable
    ACG: also this is for you to make sure that mine is safe too
    ACG: its not a middleman
    ACG: you can ask him a proof too that he is real for your safety
    richy: Then who is the steam helper
    richy: Tell me
    richy: Link me to their profile
    ACG: tomorrow i will contact
    richy: Why so
    ACG: when you can trade your knife, i will contact steam helper
    richy: My knife is tradeable in like 6 hours
    richy: Just tell me who the steam helper is
    ACG: okay dude
    ACG: i dont know who is the steam helper
    ACG: but if your knife is ready to trade
    ACG: i will contact steam helper to help us validate our items
    richy: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/verify-cs-go-items.122550/ No such thing as a steam validater
    richy: We either trade through your other account
    ACG: there is
    richy: Or no trade at all
    ACG: you just dont know how it works
    ACG: you dont how to validate items
    richy: Oh yea, btw, I have multiple screenshots of this convo
    ACG: you can ask the steam supports how they validate the items
    richy: Oppan Kim Jong Style, Feb 13, 2016 #1 Knucklejoe Knucklejoe New User Messages:555 Steam:76561198054103206 Do not trade this guy, he is trying to steal your stuff. Valve employees typically do NOT get involved with trades. It's a bit of a read, but this could help: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/safe-trading-practices-extended.119029/ I'll highlight a bit for you: A more complicated, but perhaps even more common form of the impersonation scam is often known as the trusted friend scam. In this case, a buyer will express interest in paying a (more than) reasonable price for your items, something around your buyout, but make up an excuse for you to temporarily trade your items to a "trusted friend". Excuses may include checking if your item is "duped" or "glitched", proving you're trustworthy, or some other nonsensical explanation. The scammer will ask for a link to your friend's profile so they can add your friend (and possibly perform the 2-part variation of this scam). After all, since you trust your friend, this seems harmless enough, right? This is where the scam starts. The scammer will use their alt account to copy your friend's profile, and invite the copy into a group chat with you. Meanwhile, an additional profile will be used to copy your own profile, and invite your imposter into a group chat with your friend if they accepted. You and your friend will both be in a different chat, with a separate imposter, thinking you're looking at your friend. The scammer will keep both group chats open, and pretend to be the friend in each respective group chat, asking both you and your friend to send items to "eachother" as proof of your trust relationship, while actually sending them to the scammer's alt accounts. The 2nd part of this scam takes advantage of someone who might be familiar with the scam, and is trying to waste the scammer's time. While you may have seen this a hundred times, there is a good chance your non-trader friend has not. So if you safely trade your items to your actual friend, the scammer will impersonate you to the friend, citing the details of this arrangement you just explained explained to them, and ask for your items "returned" to his alt. Once the scammer has your items, they will either proceed to ask for additional items until you both catch on, or leave the group chat. To avoid the trusted friend scam, we recommend you back out at the very first sign of someone trying this. Do not attempt to troll the scammer, because as explained above, they will often succeed in stealing your items from your friend in part 2. If for some reason you do need to send items to your friend, you should always send friend requests directly from your friends list, and confirm you're really speaking to your friend over another secure channel such as telephone or a voice chat. Do not send trade requests from group chat, and do not accept incoming trade requests unless you are receiving the items. Click to expand... Not dead, just watching. If I say anything, it's because I think I should. I am NOT staff, just a friendly voice trying to help. Do not ask me about anything SteamRep related, I have NO say in what happens here. Knucklejoe, Feb 13, 2016 #2 Roudydogg1 likes this. ЩĄ | Horse ЩĄ | Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin Partner Community Messages:49,931 SteamRep Admin:76561198029647111 Stop dealing with ONLY trade offers...you need to communicate with the other person. If they refuse to add you and discuss the trade then its likely not worth the risk. If you were to make a report later down the road its very very difficult to prove a scam without the chat agreement or discussion you had with the other person verifying all the other points. What I've seen lately is someone posts a trade offer some where for whatever special deal they got going on. The trade offer goes to something else or the items are not in that users pack (maybe in a mule account or alt account). We can't verify that, its very possible as even I store things in other accounts and that does not verify intent to scam. If you accept the trade offer you are given multiple times to confirm so it is completely up to you to verify exactly what you are trading for well in advance and to do this its always best to do a regular trade 1 for 1 while discussing it completely and even have the other user say it in the chat too. I'm speaking for myself here too on avoiding trade offers.. I dislike them, too impersonal and way too quick sometimes to get a trade right.
    ACG: i have read this before
    richy: Yes,
    ACG: if its scam
    richy: That is a trusted admin in a trusted community
    ACG: why i didn't get scammed?
    ACG: lol
    ACG: its safe
    ACG: dude
    ACG: item validation is safe
    richy: Give me proof
    ACG: 100% secure & safe
    ACG: you can ask the steam support for proof
    richy: Words dont mean anything
    richy: Suure
    ACG: only steam support will give you proof
    ACG: ok
    ACG: ?
    richy: I will post and get right back to you
    ACG: what do you mean?
    ACG: ok
    ACG: see you after 6 hours
    richy: https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/1621726179586664402/
    richy: Watch
    richy: the feed
    richy: No such thing dude

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @richy6 Ok for starters some of your screenshots are cropped so much they are completely unacceptable... we need FULL screenshots.
    Now the other account your showing here...it isn't even theirs. They are impersonating it with linking to the "inventory" or "storage" - they do this to get you to think they are trading something from that account after you send them something AND/OR to accuse the wrong user.
    Do you understand this?

Attached Files:

3. richy6

richy6 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:85503299
    @ЩĄ | Horse Yes I do, I just re-screenshotted the convos and inv,

Attached Files:

4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm ok with what ya have for now - next time do PC client screenshots not chat browser as that is very hard to review since it often times doesn't include dates/times on any of them.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.