1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198237821102 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TheSheldor96, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSheldor96

TheSheldor96 Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37467401
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198237821102

Victim profile: 76561198035200531

What happened? Description:
    This happened over at /r/indiegameswap

I was offering to pay for people's humble monthly subscription if they used my ref link and sent me the CIV VI gift links. (post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/indiegames...e_humble_monthly_1_bundle_minus_civ_vi_dlc_w/)

/u/wukor contacts me and adds me on steam. I send him the money and he goes and buys it. When I ask for the gift links, he sends me an invalid link (https://www.humblebundle/jwkj32ufd8ewj8dem23).... It doesn't have ".com" in it nor are humble bundle links structure link that. Clearly he just mashed his keyboard a bit. I told him that wasn't a gift link and he insisted it was what humble bundle gave him and then he eventually changes his story and tells me he "accidentally" activated redeemed not 1 but all 3 keys and they were added to his account already.

At that point, I wanted to just chargeback my money and report him for scamming but I felt bad since it could be an honest mistke (Although I doubted him). To try and salvage things, I offered to let him keep things if he could give me his humble account until after I gave my links to a friend just so I can ensure he wouldn't have access to the keys (he made a new humble account so I figured it should be fine).

He told me hold on a sec and then unfriended and blocked me.

TL;DR. He never delivered on the CIV VI​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. TheSheldor96

TheSheldor96 Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37467401
    I did a quick check of SteamRep before dealing with him and didn't see any reports. Turns out, there have been numerous reports against him but they have all been archived due to lack of evidence. Had I seen that, I definitely wouldn't have dealt with him
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Yeah we don't accept reports for this activity.
    And yes you need to check better in the future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.