1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Invalid Report: 76561197960280577 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Whatthevortez, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whatthevortez

Whatthevortez New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:118417341
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197960280577

Victim profile: 76561198197100411

What happened? Description:
    So the user adds me and want to ask me a few questions regarding the gambling site csgohunt. They do not directly say they are an admin immediately but if can be inferred that they say they are because they speak as if they can change the website. After the "survey", they offer me a sponsorship in which i put gamdom in my name and play on csgoreaper with skin withdrawn from gamdom to promote gamdom. They send me a TOS by email, that wants me to give them an ID from the site cookies so they can "send me credits", which is named secret_session_do_not_share. I dont know what exactly the code can do if someone has it, but its obviously not to be shared. I guess that it allows them to access my account on the website without my steam credentials and send my credits on the site to them. At that point i knew what they were trying to do, i was only following along to see how they would try to scam me. I decide to troll a bit and try to get them to confess and not unfriend me, it doesnt work, they block me. Obviously this is a scam, all photo proof needed is linked below.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Whatthevortez

Whatthevortez New User

Steam:
    oops i accidentally clicked submit while uploading files, here is more photos

Attached Files:

3. Whatthevortez

Whatthevortez New User

Steam:
    screenshot 6 and 7 are the instruction links i received, shown in screenshot 5
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    SteamRep does NOT accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.