1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Announcement New Legacy Ban tags for defunct communities

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Lava, Aug 31, 2016.

1. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  2. fs_pt

fs_pt Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18442393
    Hello again. I would like to ask a couple questions if that is ok. Recently I appealed my ban and it got updated to a Legacy one. I was previously banned on MCT and posted on this thread before.
    1. Do I have to appeal on every trading server forum and outpost etc to get my ban removed from there?
    2. Currently I have a former MCT admin who is willing to testify my situation and clear things up. Is there any steamrep admin or a person in charge who can talk to me and I will directly guide him to the person?

Thank you very much.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  4. fs_pt

Steam:
    Thanks. Meanwhile I will wait to be contacted by you guys, I really wanna clear things up. Cheers.
  5. fs_pt

Steam:
    Any news or update?
  6. Kainie

Kainie Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:2803642
    Hypothetically, could I get a Legacy ban If i got banned by Lethal Zone Trade (they have nothing to do with SteamRep anymore to my knowledge) or even have the ban removed?
    My appeal is posted off course.
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    As stated in multiple recent general discussion threads, Lethal Zone tags have some details being worked out. You'll have to wait before you can appeal them.
  8. Beontly

Beontly Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40275908
    My UTC ban appeal has been on hold for probably a year, whats up?
  9. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Can't go into detail, but you had a lot of offenses on your account, and it was placed on hold for extra care and research. An admin claiming to have more details hasn't followed up, so we'll probably try to proceed without, but with the number of offenses/tags on your account, and notes that at least 1 appeal was denied, it's not a simple as "you're off the hook now". At least one of your tags were already handled.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Emeritus).**
  10. You Are The One

Steam:
    The BBG community shut down late last year, after some final followup we need to do, SR will be doing an audit of the tags and the rest will be going defunct within the next months time. For now, we will not be accepting any appeals for BBG tags.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  11. Beontly

Steam:
    Yeah i know that one was removed but why would one be removed and the other not if they're both discontinued sites, also it's been YEARS since those bans were put on my account. Also the appeal that was denied was when I was 12 and I didn't know how to appeal. I realized now that it really doesn't matter cause I don't trade and I'm basically banned from all trade servers. Just the fact that I'm marked as a scammer when it was a family member bothers me. I know people say make a new account but I have too much money on this account also I don't want to lose my steam rank. One last thing is I know who ever was looking at my appeal forgot about the UTC ban completely because it's been a year since I posted a valid appeal lol. Just fill me in on anything else; anything will be appreciated. :)
  12. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Different offenses, different cases, and different tags, so handled separately.
    Generally speaking, if you were marked by SteamRep itself as opposed to UTC for multiple scams, appealed, and were denied several years ago, you would have zero chance of removing the tag even today. Policy is one appeal per person.

By policy, we do not discuss specific cases or details in the General Discussion forum. Sorry.
  13. Beontly

Steam:
    Can you provide me with a link that says one appeal per person; it just doesn't make sense that if I appealed for both defunct communities in the same appeal but theirs only one appeal per person?
  14. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
  15. Repulse96

Repulse96 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:7134760
    So uh... What if I shouldn't have gotten banned in the first place, to be exact, what if I was banned with no evidence of reason behind it?

Because last time I checked, I don't have an alternate account.

Attached Files:

• WHY.PNG
      WHY.PNG
      File size:
      3.7 KB
      Views:
  16. You Are The One

Steam:
  17. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Fred JonesTheMemeLord Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90106562
    Alright so I applied for one of these and failed but my orignal appeal was never really awnsered I just got declined for the legacy ban, on both my appeals on this account and my original account I was just sent here so I was never able to repay my victim or given a clear yes or no could I please get a reply because I haven't been able to trade for years because of this tag.
  18. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This tag doesn't stop you from trading - Only Valve can do that.
  19. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Steam:
    Sorry it makes it harder to trade, so is there no other way for me to appeal this tag?
  20. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Steam:
    If there is some way I can reappeal I would really like to know because I fell like my thread was never really finished and I know that this thing was put in place but It just rejected me instead of me having a real appeal