1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561197969109864 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by EngiNier: Sentrymata, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EngiNier: Sentrymata

EngiNier: Sentrymata New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:192842412
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197969109864

Victim profile: 76561198345950552

What happened? Description:
    Tried to offer a trade with fake (might be fishing link aswell, I don't know, I only opened it in steam overlay browser and private mozzilla firefox window) backpack.tf link AND he offered an item that is currently priced for more than 270 keys for my 2 australiums that don't cost even a small glimpse of that and so it conflicts with any definition of common sense, I checked his steamrep status even before the dialogue started so I am was just curious if he proceeded to do more scams or actually be geniune. I also have a screenshot of the fake profile in that link he sent me.
    He removed me after a couple of minutes when I stated my points and asked him to do the same as I did in the chat.​

Provide Evidence:
    Capture&Capture2: Steam chat
    View attachment 645195 View attachment 645196
    Capture3:Fake backpack.tf profile
    View attachment 645197
    Capture4:His real backpack.tf profile
    View attachment 645199
    Capture5: Screenshot of me pointing at his profile picture in the steam chat, but it might not be replicated correctly since I'm using Metro skin for Steam View attachment 645208
    Another extra screenshots: Luckily, I was able to capture his non-privatised steam profile in-game steam overlay, in case you wonder how it looks like I don't know those people he listed in the description, but it might be worth checking out, ask me while I still got it stored in a txt file, lol (might be just a joke list of random people or... most known scammers in entire human history?)
    View attachment 645227 View attachment 645228 View attachment 645229 View attachment 645230

5:35 PM - punching books for knowledge: hi
    5:35 PM - LantemC☂: hello
    5:37 PM - punching books for knowledge: do you sell your Strange Festivized Australium SMG and Strange Australium Axtinguisher now? i can make it 15 pure keys both
    5:37 PM - LantemC☂: I don't.
    5:37 PM - punching books for knowledge: oh why ?
    5:37 PM - LantemC☂: "15 pure keys" and I thought I'm suicidal
    5:38 PM - LantemC☂: I'm not interested.
    5:38 PM - punching books for knowledge: how about this hat Burning Flames Killer's Kabuto
    5:38 PM - punching books for knowledge: try to look my backpack inventory , my hat is there https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198043936328
    5:39 PM - LantemC☂: I prefer weapons, no.
    5:39 PM - LantemC☂: My desire is gold
    5:39 PM - LantemC☂: dogecoins
    5:39 PM - punching books for knowledge: look my backpack inventory, i have some weapon there
    5:39 PM - punching books for knowledge: please look https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198043936328
    5:39 PM - punching books for knowledge is now Away.
    5:42 PM - LantemC☂: You must be joking.
    5:43 PM - LantemC☂: Nobody is going to sell that Killer's Kabuto for 2 aussies.
    5:43 PM - LantemC☂: Never happened.
    5:44 PM - LantemC☂: and I don't trust private steam inventories either.
    5:44 PM - LantemC☂: Because I can do this
    5:44 PM - LantemC☂: http://steamcommunity.com/economy/item/440/2/6566979276/?l=english&o_url=LanternCryodessert

5:45 PM - LantemC☂: Can you do this?
    5:45 PM - LantemC☂: (no pewdiepie meme included)
    5:48 PM - LantemC☂: https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561197969109864
    5:49 PM - LantemC☂: your link is a joke.
    5:51 PM - LantemC☂: If you're really going to trade atleast be genuine
    5:51 PM - LantemC☂: You literally just went afk while talking.
    5:55 PM - punching books for knowledge is now Offline.

Attached Files:

2. EngiNier: Sentrymata

Steam:
    I just found out that it was an impersonation, lol.
    (There is a guy top 17, but in that profile he was top 19 - I need not seek more for now, this is funny) Capture6.PNG
  3. EngiNier: Sentrymata

Steam:
    Scratch that last thing I've said, backpack.tf leaderboard acts weird and it shows that he is 17, but in his profile he is 19. Huh. But it still was an impersonation though, can I change the report type?
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    If the user is already tagged/banned here there is no reason why you should have been talking to them..there isn't a thing more we can do to them here.
    You should avoid these users rather than communicate.
    So I'm assuming now that you got things straight you are reporting impersonation with intent to defraud right?
    @EngiNier: Sentrymata
  5. EngiNier: Sentrymata

Steam:
    Thanks for replying.
    Well, it might seem so that I denied the fact that he is already banned on steamrep and still tried to get something out of this conversation, that's not the point, It is because, I would feel that I did a rude thing interrupting a dialogue and just dissapearing, others would either do as you said or just to troll, I try to be kind and give another chance (but it was not the case, even though 97 days since ban doesn't seem like a lot days). That's just how my psychology works. And finally, I thought that that little window under steamrep profile with a link to the report is a LIST, so, why not expanding it?

Attached Files:

• 757.png
      757.png
      File size:
      568.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2018
  6. EngiNier: Sentrymata

Steam:
    @ЩĄ | Horse
    It was giving me such idea, because everytime I see a profile with multiple reports, it looks like this:
    Capturera.PNG
    So all I do now is I'm giving this idea to you, try listing reports, like FBI (or like any other organization that gets robbed by payday gang, lol)
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ok ignore all that - are you reporting Impersonation with intent to defraud? Yes or no? You rambled on about other things but just wanted to make sure here.
    After 2 notes on a users profile we no longer review them so if this one goes thru any other reports against this user will be archived on the spot.
    We try to educate users to avoid scammers not interact with them which is what you did if you understand what I'm saying so if you come across another its best to just ignore/delete and move on.
    SO just answer the question please and I can resolve this report.
    Thanks!
  8. EngiNier: Sentrymata

Steam:
    ...Yes. I see now that I kind of tried to, because that's what "second chance" does.
    I might consider re-reading those educational arcticles, because I noticed it occurs to me often lately.
    Yeah, you can archive this.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Not archiving this one - making one last note on users profile - after this report all others will be archived though.
    Thanks!
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.