1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Any updates on the 'hiding your historical data' feature?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by orcaa, Apr 10, 2018.

1. orcaa

orcaa New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53625810
    I don't play online games anymore, I don't trade anymore, I don't even use the steam community in itself either anymore. I'm only using Steam to play games now, nothing else. However, I just keep coming back to my steamrep historical data for some reason, and it really hurts. Especially when I can not only see my old names, but also my old friendlist. It keeps reminding me of terrible times in my life.

Every month or so I check google if it's possible to contact a site moderator do delete it for you or something. It's my biggest wish as of late. I could never find anything, but I tried wording my search a bit diffrent today, and found this:
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/how-to-remove-data-history.160923/

It's confirmation from a Staff member that they are working on being able to hide it. Even though nobody checks my profile except for me myself, I just really dislike how this old data is still out there. It makes me feel really anxious, especially when others could see it as well if they wanted to. I want to get rid of everything once and for all for my own good. Does anyone know when it will finally be possible?
    Thanks.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you read my post and followup reply fully, you would already know the answer to your question. Not sure why you asked as you would get the same replies as that thread did.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. Zoofie_

Zoofie_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:428249578
    There's no point in hiding this data, even if SteamREP decided to hide it, there are MANY other sites and resources that record such data. And if you do not use the steam community, you shouldn't have a reason to care about historical data.
  4. orcaa

orcaa New User

Steam:
    Sorry, I was just simply asking if the project was abandoned or not. Or if there are simply any news on it.

I'd say SteamREP is the most popular of all though, I really doubt people actually use unknown websites like "bouncing-egg" for checking Steam data.

Yes, I don't care about the Steam community because I don't use it's platform at all anymore. That does not mean other people don't care or don't use it too.

For instance, they can check my stuff to make fun of me outside of steam, which has happened plenty before. I'm just pissed that it's still possible, so I'm wondering if this is new feature happening or not now.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This was the reply given on that other thread you quoted.
    As of today, right now there is no announcement.
  6. orcaa

orcaa New User

Steam:
    Okay, thanks for confirming!
  7. Zoofie_

Zoofie_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:428249578
    Not sure how considering all recorded names seem generic. steamid.eu and vacbanned.com are the most checked other than steamrep btw.
  8. orcaa

orcaa New User

Steam:
    Whatever you say leatherman.