1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561197988367888 - (⎛⎛LosTiger⎞⎞ / SR CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by LosTiger, Apr 29, 2018.

1. LosTiger

LosTiger Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14051080
    Appeal for SR CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561197988367888 (⎛⎛LosTiger⎞⎞)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    I was trading a german censored version of the game fallout 3 for another game(overlord).

I bought the game in the store and the person i traded it wasnt liking that it is censored. I should have traded him overlord back but i was a kid and really wanted to have the overlord game so i instead traded him another item he probably didnt wanted but was the same value (we both agreed upon as the caution says in additional info)

When i was trading the game i didnt know/wasnt realizing that the german version is worth less because it is censored and i admit that i should have given him back the game instead of only giving a copy of another game that has the same value as the uncensored version of fallout 3

After those 2100 days i have never committed any of those things again and wouldnt do it anymore/ i know better now.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    The tag was already reduced from a banned tag after you eventually repaid(two days later). You flat up ran from the user at the time. I am not sure what, if any justification their is to remove your caution tag leaving your profile "clean" when you did commit an offense, unless you can show/explain why I would consider that, it is unlikely any further tag downgrade is warranted.
  3. LosTiger

Steam:
    I didnt realize that the german edition is censored and therefore less valuable until after a while he messaged me because i tought he was just making a fuzz about something not bothering about.
    That was almost 6 years ago and i was a kid back then and was very stupid. He said he is going to report me / remove my report if i pay him back.
    He made the offer of giving something else a couple of days afterwards that had at the current time the same value as the game i offered at the beginning.
    Afterwards i was even friends with him for a while and kept talking to Cae.
    I was making this message because someone of my friends list mentioned this caution status and didnt notice it afterwards.
  4. LosTiger

Steam:
    I clearly didnt do it out of malicious intend and wanting to get profit by scamming people, i didnt realize what i did until after he messaged me.
  5. LosTiger

Steam:
    In the following 6 years i kept trading and never did anything the likes again.
    I admit it was a mistake but it was only once and i wouldnt do any behaviour like that again.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Nothing you said is new information that the original admin did not already take into account when your tag was reduced in the first place.
  7. LosTiger

Steam:
    Okay I see.
    Why can you even try appeal under these circumstances:

Appeal Plea:I committed the offense(s), I admit it

Appeal Reason:[Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

So there is no way to make up for it?
    If not, then okay, bid you farewell and a good day.
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    Your tag was already downgraded, if you were still banned, they would be a possibility to have it downgraded. Since you have not provided anything new that was not already taken into account when you were already downgraded, I see no reason to downgrade further.

Appeal denied.

As about the policy:
    The policy you reference was not even around when your offense occurred (or when your tag was downgraded previously). The intent of it was to deprioritize such cases as no facts are in dispute so we could put more manpower into cases where people could be wrongly tagged, you were not. In addition, these users have a better chance of appealing if they did commit an offense and show they genuinely made a mistake/had poor judgement at the time. (once again, you were already downgraded, nothing new was provided in your appeal, all those factors were already taken into account at the time, nothing warrants reconsidering)

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**