1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. ▲Seto▲

▲Seto▲ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:163563919
    @Lava I am trying to submit one but I am having trouble uploading images, it says 15 in total but i cant more than 8. Those 8 images sizes are 1.60 mb in total.
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You might have accidentally uploaded multiple copies of some. If you need to upload more, you can always reply with additional attachments once submitted.
  3. ▲Seto▲

Steam:
    Oh never mind I checked the screenshots uploading thread and added the other screenshots in the comments!
  4. ▲Seto▲

Steam:
  5. Totesfleisch8_

Totesfleisch8_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53361
    Why is it apparently wrong to report blatant scam accounts?
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198336244608-none-no-items.180294/#post-471701
    I reported this guy, however my girlfriend deleted his comments that he had to verify my items, as answer i got next time i need contact proof because of stat padding.
    Honestly, i couldnt care less about this, as i didnt get scammed, i simply hate scammers and just want to protect people who may not immediately see trough all this faking, or are new to steam.
    Im not angry at this or anything, i'd would just like to know why (as it seems to me right now) Reports usually do not get accepted when the scammer hasnt contacted me first?
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I explained to you this very question in the report - we've gotten reports by users in the past so they can pad their "I reported a scammer" stats - most of which will put them on their profiles like trophies.
    We all know users like that in that report are up to no good however there are thousands of them..and we just don't have the resources to go after them all nor will we do such a thing. I know myself and many of the other staff have a limited amount of time to go thru these reports and if suddenly we got a few thousand reports against these sketchy profiles it would take away that limited volunteer time to address those users that we know are actively contacting users to scam. Some of those sketchy profiles aren't even active or haven't been in months/years but still have all that artwork on their profile.
    The goal here is to educate - and by that its wise you avoid them vs look for them. You stated you had contact - I believed you and accepted report.
    But in the future make sure you also include that evidence of the contact or something of context where the user was contacting you on purpose with intent to defraud.
    You can report all of these users you randomly come across to Valve at any time using the in profile reporting - they do see them.
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  7. Weazel

Weazel Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:83164687
    Alright, i am currently marked as scammer. But i really want this tag removed. I got banned by SR. But it's almost been over a year since the Tag got added. (it is added because of "alternate account" wich isn't true. I am not an alternate account of the original person that got banned. But im not going in that now, I made an ban appeal for that. But its taken so long before i get a clear response from my ban appeal. How so?
  8. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You must wait like everyone else for the appeal to be reviewed. Making a post here or a thread in general forum section won't speed this up nor will you making claims to support the appeal anywhere but on the appeal be acceptable.
    If you're asking how long something like this takes you've not read the appeals tips yet - please do so now
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    Pay attention to #15 & #16

also for this sections reference:
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  9. SumiYa

SumiYa New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:104608960
    I got community banned on my main steam account and steam support ignores me , what shall i do?
  10. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Other than waiting it out if temporary, Steam Support is your only avenue to contest any kind of administrative action against your Steam account. Nobody here can help you because we're not affiliated with Valve, and therefore have no access to look at your account.
  11. SumiYa

SumiYa New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:104608960
    My ticket gets deleted now , not even answered & i appealed for it with a big message and explained everything i did
  12. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    @SumiYa We honestly cannot assist you beyond directing you to steam support. No need to ask us further.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/
  13. spooky man

spooky man Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:153949206
    I have been banned on sr for over half a year and my appeal has been pending for almost a month does it usually take this long.
  14. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    @spooky man
  15. Diamond jozu(no auth)

Diamond jozu(no auth) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:75890549
    Have you folks stopped steamrep or having insufficient amount of staff around here?
  16. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    No, nobody ever said anything about closing down.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  17. Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro FirePowered Head Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49525162
    Perhaps you should have done more research (or just seen this wasn't the case) before claiming that in order to discredit someone's application. Not that this is strictly related to SteamRep but it's a good idea to have all the facts before making claims like that in general.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  18. Proeloth

Proeloth Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40851072
  19. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
  20. Meta Breakers

Meta Breakers New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64893136
    I have information on an obviously corrupt TF2 Gambling site in which one of the "employees" contacted me in which he tried to get me to advertise his site and he planned on paying me by rigging pots.
    I believe I have sufficient evidence to get them banned, if so possible, but I don't know where to go with the information. Any help?