1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198217073128 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by RouletteZoku, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RouletteZoku

RouletteZoku New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:195611925
    Scam Report

Report Type: DO NOT SUBMIT TO STEAMREP - CD-Key, game code, Steam wallet code, or other code scamming
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198217073128

Victim profile: 76561198351489578

What happened? Description:
    I know this isn't a "valid" claim since it involved a CD key, but me and the people of /r/SteamGameSwap are trying to spread awareness about a scammer.

I posted a trade thread on r/steamgame swap back in July of 2017 wanting to trade an Everspace key for PUBG (or Fallout 4). I was contacted by the accused with a trade offer, his PUBG key for my Everspace key. I had never done any sort of trades, and my steam account was new since I had just built my PC, so naturally I went first (not to mention the accused had a seemingly stellar rep profile). After some back and forth, I gave him the code. He was worried about it possibly being region locked, so after I gave him the code, his response was that it wasn't region locked, but apparently it had been used. Now I'm not sure how he could verify it wasn't region locked without using it, but I was pretty naive at the time. He then attempted to "prove" to me he didn't just scam me, by showing screenshots of the duplicate key message (which duh, it'll show up after you've already used it). He then tries to place the blame on Newegg/Asus (where I got the Everspace key from, thanks to a promotion for purchasing a qualifying motherboard.) At first I thought wow the key must have actually been used, but then found another user reported a very similar tale here on steam rep, found here: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198217073128-steam-steam-games.160140/#post-424834

Same scenario, victim goes first, accused gets/uses the key, then shifts the blame on the victim. Another nearly identical case here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSwap/comments/8cjqvz/psa_raykay95_scammed_me/

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
    As you already stated, scams involving activation keys are outside of our investigative scope and will be archived. To rule out someone else besmirching the reported user's name, would you mind providing the following screenshot:
    Open Steamcommunity website while logged in in your browser (not Steam client), hover over your nickname, click home. Then scroll to the part where you add the accused user and take the screenshot right there with the target URL being displayed at the bottom. Do not edit or crop anything.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. RouletteZoku

RouletteZoku New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:195611925
    Is there a way to go back further in my history? The scam took place in July of 2017, looks like my steam history stops in December of 2017. Is the history based on number of posts? (For example, if I delete all my friends, will I be able to go back further in my history, or does it only go back to a specific time?)
  4. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
    I'd advise against deleting all your friends. You can filter the feed for things that involve you by clicking "My Activity" at the top of the Friend Activity page.

I could confirm that you were in contact with the account you are accusing through other means.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Archiving due to report falling outside of Steamrep's policy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.