1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198240632180 - (CatMarrow / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by CatMarrow, May 9, 2018.

1. CatMarrow

CatMarrow Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:140183226
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198240632180 (CatMarrow)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    No alternative accounts​

Appeal description:
    I am not at all innocent of this offense. I attempted to scam someone. However, at the time I was only 13 years old, and had only just gotten into middle school as a 7th grader. The year was 2015, yet if you look at when the ban happened, it was 31 days ago. Basically, I thought I was hot s✿✿✿ trying to scam someone out of a hat. It didn't work, he blocked me, and I went on my way. Now 3 years later, I have a steamrep ban on my profile that hinders me when using tools such as scrap.tf, and also results in my being (rightfully) ignored when I offer trades. I'm not super familiar with the policies of steamrep, and I don't know if this is a valid plea, but please do consider it.​
  2. CatMarrow

Steam:
  3. CatMarrow

Steam:
    lmao thank you
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    So you only bothered to address this after you were tagged just a month ago and not in the preceding three years you had since the offense?
  5. CatMarrow

Steam:
    Correct. I didn't realize I had been reported until when the actual ban went through. I just want on with my life. I didn't know steamrep existed until I got banned on it. The first mention of it I heard is when moose in a white suit said he'd report me.
  6. CatMarrow

Steam:
    *Went on with my life
  7. CatMarrow

Steam:
    [​IMG]
    This is my apology to the victim
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    Why did you not apologies prior to appealing or even being tagged for that matter? You had three years. The way I see, you didn't care until you found services started to shut you out.
  9. CatMarrow

Steam:
    Because I forgot about it. I was 13 then and 16 now, and I have attempted no scams since this one 3 years ago. I really am very concerned that my steam account that i have sunk thousands of hours into might have this permanent strike against it because of a stupid mistake i made when i was 13 years old. There are no hard feelings between me and Moose in a Suit, and no one is in danger of getting scammed by me ever. Isn't that enough to get my ban lifted?
  10. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review of the report/taking into account the appeal, I am unable to consider this appeal.
    -I dont see any change of heart. Just appealing because you were inconvenienced after finally being tagged.

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**