1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

New scam type?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by a tasty serving of, Jul 2, 2018.

1. a tasty serving of

a tasty serving of New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16282053
    I seen this going around a lot more lately. Add u and ask u for help then ask u to withdraw an item from a scam site where they have u deposit ur stuff to "help" them get thier item and offer an item in return.

Also seen a rather unique one where they want to add u on Facebook to get ur email, other personal info.

I'd report but I don't want to carve out 10mins a day filing reports, as I'm frequently targeted due to my boss value.

Attached Files:

2. a tasty serving of

a tasty serving of New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16282053
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    is his steam profile if a mod wants to ban him. If not, eh I'm sure you're up to ur elbows already with reports to file
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2018
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Old and very common. The sites are run by the same people who used to spam phishing links, and to some extent they still do.

Also, general discussion is not a replacement for scam reports. In order to prevent witch hunting, I hid the profile you linked.