1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Waiting number (list) + deadline + administrator asign to resolve the case

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Cr!m3, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Cr!m3

Cr!m3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21062111
    Where is the waiting list for resolving pending threads? We need a waiting number and we should receive a estimation date when is someone going to answer our problem. (I have a decent patience but this is ignorance)

I'm might not be the best one here to give advices but please gentlemen take more responsability in resolving cases, asign people do resolve to the opened tickets and give deadlines, because some of them take YEARS and from my perspective IT.IS.PAINFUL

Looking forward to see some good and nice changes
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    We are not a support department or customer care center, and pending threads (or appeals, assuming that is what you're referring to) each have unique and different time frames based on the complexity of the appeal. Appeals that have been pending for a long time are pending for a reason.
  3. Cr!m3

Cr!m3 New User

Steam:
    Both pending threads/ appeals.
    Yes, I understand it's a big thing to be a moderator/administrator here.

I appreciate what you do but if you have a job and that job is to help people out, do it at your best to solve the cases, even if you don't get paid for it. If you don't have time or skip cases, the question is: are you capable to be responsible and take a decision - this means that in some cases you need to think outside the box and put yourself in the one who has been steamrep tagged (which has an impact to him on other websites) and doesn't get a answer to his problem?

What are your plans for a better organisation?
    It might sound silly, but, do you need help?

I was thinking at something like this:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1soeQuNXrz2jL5MvTfQjTvgK7sM03uAUO8gncwfpBEWQ/edit?usp=sharing (I recomend using Monday Pulse for better tasking)
  4. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    While your recommendation is appreciated, you have little to no understanding of how and why appeals are handled the way they are. If it were possible to implement something like your chart then we would give it some serious consideration. Unfortunately that is not the case.
    Cr!m3 likes this.
  5. Cr!m3

Cr!m3 New User

Steam:
    I admit that I don't understand how you guys manage to handle things.

It's just a suggestion to make things better because the reality is that if you look closer there are a lot of old topics unsolved. Is that ok? No, it isn't. That means it exists a problem. What doesn't work? What have you tried and got stuck? Of course "time solves everything" but that means a lack of actions done by the ones responsible to do those actions.

I consider that being more transparent to the status of the process of solving a topic is more usefull to all of the community members (as an example here, I'm seeing people bumping their on topics or asking for help) Don't you guys think?
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    As of about a month ago, appeal backlog was at its lowest level in about 4 years. As of end of last week, its at its lowest level in about 5 years. You can see the volume of processed cases in the archive section and see (even tho I am a volunteer, not getting paid, using my own personal time to help) 57 completely finished cases in the past month not including archived/invalid and screening new replies/threads. I dont exactly know what you are asking of the current appeal team to "take more responsibility" in resolving cases.

In about 8-9 months we have gone from 815ish backlogged appeals to 580ish, a reduction of 235ish cases or about a 29% raw reduction. This is a raw reduction amount since in that time-span, we have received many new cases that were not in the backlog, actual processed cases would be markedly higher.

As gents also mentioned, it is impossible to put a "deadline" on a case as some take minutes and others take many many months over. As for assigning a case out, they are only so many appeal admins to begin with, mainly just myself, then we would have to factor in cases that myself or the very few others who are approved for appeals cannot work due to COI issues, then we have to factor in an additional eligible appeal admin for any potential review. You would end up with what we have now essentially, 2 maybeeeee 3 admins tops (those other admins are head admins of their respective departments so already have full duty and one other regular admin)
  7. Cr!m3

Cr!m3 New User

Steam:
    Ok, I see.
    What I want to point out here is that it would be wonderful to resolve the old cases then the newer ones. Here I was thinking of course at my case but I saw that there are other cases as well.
    I understand that you need traffic on the website from returning visitors, refreshing of the content, people to bookmark the website - all of these to be a good Google quality indicator..
  8. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Then I guess we should let pending appeals stack up to over 8000 before working them, we need those seo hits on a site that does not have ANY ads. See you in a few decades.
  9. Zoofie_

Zoofie_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:428249578
    Some cases are not worth volunteers time. Not sure why people expect their appeal to be accepted or processed fast or why people think it's okay to spam when they don't get what they want. For what you were tagged for, a tag on a 3rd party site is a slap on the wrist.
  10. Bl4Nk

Bl4Nk Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18646142
    I just visited out of the blue today to check on my appeal, you claim the cases have been solved but I was never added to by anyone regarding my appeal, no one made any effort to go to the depths of finding the truth out & the appeal was outright rejected, btw the original website that has claimed to ban me is non existent right now, so in REAL COURTS also if there is no evidence the case is thrown out. I am just hoping people like you are not in position of power in real life where power is going to your head. Those numbers that you claim are all fake my friend, real investigation was never done.

Also good on you for being humble by mentioning the efforts you make.
  11. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366