1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198021363726 - (๖ۣۜStealthinator™ / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by CS:GO Player, Jul 19, 2016.

1. CS:GO Player

CS:GO Player Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30548999
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198021363726 (๖ۣۜStealthinator™)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I have no alternate accounts.
    There are other accounts at my home (My little brother's, but It's no longer in use and has been offline for multiple 100 days.)​

Appeal description:
    My marking was placed 1476 days ago.
    The reason of why I was reported is due to an hijacker abusing my account. I was young and stupid, and I clicked on a "free games" link and filled in all the required information (I was 12 years old at the time).
    The hijacker changed his name to the name of his original account Lim0n and went around sending the same link to others, which resulted in my account being reported for phishing here on SteamRep.

I used to trade back then, aswell. But due to my marking I got banned off all Trading Websites & Servers. Therefore, I had to quit trading and just play regular games.

After a long time, I'd decided that I want to appeal for my ban, that's why I'm here. Obviously.​
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You need to show steam support ticket that you had when you retained control of your account.
  3. CS:GO Player

Steam:
    I did not re-gain access of my account by Steam Support, as they never answered. We took the matter into our own hands (mainly my father and his friend.)
    I don't remember how it is they got it back, but they did. Which I'm very glad for as I still haven't received a response on the ticket till this day.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You sent a ticket? screenshot the ticket you sent would be a good start.
  5. CS:GO Player

Steam:
    I don't know how, I tried looking around to find out how. When I got to the ticket page, I apparently need to access a special account. I don't recall having one of them, and If I do. Then I certainly don't know the username & password :/
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Give exact dates (or as close as you can) from when you were hijacked and when you reclaimed your account.
    Again, we need something substantive you can show to back up your claim, even after Horse asked you, you did not ask those who helped recover your account?

Since you got initial timely replies, and did not provide any proof in your replies, I am giving formal two week notice for you to followup.
  7. CS:GO Player

Steam:
    I don't remember the dates of when I was hijacked nor when I reclaimed my account, It's been over 6 years since this even occurred and I've pretty much given up on getting my mark off my account, since my trading adventures were already ruined by it years ago anyway.
    I don't have anything to show that can back up my claim, if I were to it wouldn't even be on this computer as I've had it since late 2016 in comparison to the old computer from 2010 where all this happened on.

Asking those who helped recover my account?
    My father doesn't remember anything, all he & his friend did was using the email the account was linked to, to call for a password reset / change, the email on the account originally was my dads.

As I already mentioned, at this point I don't care what the final verdict regarding it staying or not will be, of course I'd be glad to have it gone but seeing from how I'm unable to supply you any form of evidence to back my claim, I doubt you'll ever favour my side.
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    We ask for cretin things to substantiate claims, not that we are out to tag users and deny appeals. Its clear the account was used for phishing, a worry, in this particular case I have, is if you are the original owner of the account or if it was turned over like so many are, pumped and dumped. Back then, when the account was tagged, the only way to regain an account was by a steam support ticket. In light of not having one/unable to provide one, since I believe the phishing to be of an automated nature, I would like to prove your original ownership of the account to consider your appeal further.

You may add me on steam to discuss further.
  9. CS:GO Player

Steam:
    I have added you on Steam so that we can discuss it further.
  10. CS:GO Player

Steam:
    Sorry for the late reply, by the way, have been away for a few days on vacation & busy with a few irl things upon return.
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    Please followup with me this week sometime, at some point Ill have to close the appeal.
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    Despite not following up, due to time tagged, lack of additional offenses since, and the original offense was only phishing, tag will be dropped. If we find out you lied in the appeal, you will be re-tagged w/o the possibility to re-appeal. In addition, further such issues may hinder your ability to successfully appeal such a tag again.

Appeal granted.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**