1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198158411683 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Some Beaner, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Some Beaner

Some Beaner New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:141330929
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198158411683

Victim profile: 76561198242927586

What happened? Description:
    Ok so I had this item that I will show down below in the evidence column. It was worth 27 keys. He decides to add me asking me if I want to cash out. I would usually say no because I know how easy it is to get scammed on paypal which is what most scammers use but this guy says that he wanted to pay me on bitcoin. I know that with bitcoin you can't do chargebacks so I said ok sure. We proceed and I have no clue how to use bitcoin be he teaches me how to so he get through telling me how and we get to the trade he tells me that I should go first, I didn't want to but he kept on pushing that I should go first he starts telling me how reputable he is and i check steam rep and at the time he had no bad rep or good rep so he has a trading group with a good amount of followers and he starts talking about "why would i throw that away for 50 bucks" so in the end I trusted him he started the trade and i sent it to him. At first everything was fine he just continued the convo (we were on discord) so I thought everything was fine because most scammers just run away when they get what they want but then he says "I gtg eat dinner the money will show up in your account in about 10 minutes" so then he leaves. I feel good about the trade and am just waiting for the money to come through but when I realized that I got scammed is when i go to his steam account because the money was taking a while to show up to ask him a question and i see that he unadded me and blocked me and this is when i realized what had happened. I see that he is in a trade server so I quickly join it and start asking him why he scammed me but then when he realized that i was in the server with him he just leaves and thats the last I ever saw of him. I constantly kept on checking his inventory on what he was going to do with my hat. But i notice he keeps on getting more and more expensive hats with mine still being in there with him. So what i think happened is that he scammed like 5 plus people after me. Also he was a really nice person when we were talking like for example when I didn't know and would mess up the whole bitcoin thing he would be very supportive and say it's ok and just be really considerate and nice but yea thats it. I quit tf2 for a while and played csgo but i recently came back to tf2 thats why im just now reporting this hopefully it will still count. Thanks =) (his steam group is called rocket league trading hub)​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hello Some Beaner,

The evidence you've uploaded in Report: 76561198158411683 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items) is not conclusive enough for the report to proceed.
    Please review SteamRep's Submission Fundamentals.

As of right now you are missing:
    - a screenshot of the initial agreement
    - a screenshot of your payment history with your BTC wallet

Please upload the required evidence. Thank you.

Best,
    Gentleman
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hello Some Beaner,

You have seven days to produce the information requested.
    If no evidence is presented within this time frame, the report will be marked as invalid.

Best,
    Gentleman
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This report has been found to have no response for an extended period of time.

Either additional evidence or information was requested at which no reply was made and therefore the report will be marked Archived.
    You are welcome to submit a new report with what was requested here along with all other evidence provided and an explanation as to why you were unable to respond to the first report.

Please be sure to follow our Screenshot Guide/Requirements prior to remaking this report or any others in the future and to follow our Investigative Policy as noted.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.