1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is it possible to remove scam reports from google search?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by jackliuk [ITA], Aug 7, 2018.

1. jackliuk [ITA]

jackliuk [ITA] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26628647
    It is the second time that a very likely scammer contacts me trying to propose the well known OPskins scam. In each occasion they unfriended me all of a sudden, in the middle of the scam, not giving me enought proofs to report them.

Every time I acted as a 13 y.o. inexperienced trader so I started asking how they understood I was tricking them. Then, after a 10 seconds google search, the answer (or what I consider as such): by searching my username on google you can see that the 4-5th result is a forums.steamrep.com link with all my opened scam reports.

I think they just googled my nickname, they saw that result, understood that I am aware of common scams, and decided to run away. Ok, it is and advantage to me: fewer scammers trade request! But at the same time isn't it a weapon in the hands of scammer to filter with more accuracy their research for unprepared targets?
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    That's interesting, I never really thought about it before, but yes, certain scammers who know about tools like steamrep could certainly "screen" who they attempt to scam or not by checking here for if they've made reports.