1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to Delete messages?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Weeaboo Mom, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Weeaboo Mom

Weeaboo Mom New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:188646913
    Hi there! I am pretty new to the steamrep community. I would just like to ask how to delete a message on my report thread. I linked another report for reference, but I realized that the report was different from mine. I would like to delete the message if possible. Thanks!
  2. Weeaboo Mom

Weeaboo Mom New User

Steam:
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Depending on the type of content in your messages, you can request they be deleted by reporting them. As a general rule of thumb, we don't delete things because you think they're embarrassing (e.g. don't want the world to see how rude you were, want to cover up your scamming past, etc), especially if they're in a scam report or appeal thread, but we do honor requests to delete or redact messages containing personal information. If we deleted everything anyone didn't like, then we'd be accused of censorship.

When reporting a post, be specific about what you need deleted/redacted/modified, and why. Read this explanation first: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/how-and-when-to-report-a-post.132731/
  4. Weeaboo Mom

Weeaboo Mom New User

Steam:
    Thank you very much!
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your post is fine, there is no need to remove it at this time.
    It won't cause an issue with the report you submitted.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Issue seems resolved - will Archive