1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198062517717 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by RockeT, Sep 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockeT

RockeT Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44452933
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198062517717

Victim profile: 76561198049171595

What happened? Description:
    The accused left me a friend invite alongside a Steam offer for 20 of my CS:GO keys, asking for the price. I accepted the invite and had a short conversation stating the price and the e-mail he should send the money to. A few minutes later the accused sent me an invoice which was subsequently cancelled shortly thereafter.​

Provide Evidence:
    I took the liberty to remove the details regarding my card that used to be present on the lower left side under "Bank accounts and cards" section visible on the "PayPal's main page" screenshot attached as a piece of evidence. The screenshot is otherwise unedited.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Need a full screenshot of that chat box - no date on it at all.

From now on do NOT give us edited screenshots - they are completely unacceptable edited.
  3. RockeT

RockeT Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    The date is absent from the chatbox because the conversation occured within one day. It would be present if I talked to the accused a day after and later. This is why I am posting a screenshot from the account data history, since the date is always present there.

My card info is the only thing that I wanted to leave removed since it is not relevant to this kind of report, and I do not feel fine with leaving this publicly seen. If I have to upload a similar content in the future, is there a way to make it visible to admins only?

Attached Files:

4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    That isn't what I asked for - That doesn't prove this exact user is the one that sent those messages - doesn't match any date/time on the chat box itself so for all I know it was another user with the same name.
  5. RockeT

RockeT Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    Re-uploaded the previous screenshot after having hovered over the "sender" nickname to show where the link leads to - the accused's profile with matching custom ID at the time of making this report.

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks that will do for now - next time full screens of any chat boxes - include task bar etc.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I was able to confirm identity to this user another way vs your other report - Please remember to always get a FULL screen of users profile WHILE friends!
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.