1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198356542263 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by [M&C] TheBluekr, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [M&C] TheBluekr

[M&C] TheBluekr SteamRep Moderator Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63807812
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198356542263

Victim profile: 76561198087881353

What happened? Description:
    A friend of mine (which I assume got hijacked) contacted me saying she had made an accidental report on my account and had to contact a "Valve employee", the first accused, to resolve it. At a later time when I added him he stated I had to "verify" the items in my inventory or else I would have my account removed according to him. He proceeded to show a gif showcasing my profile and a second site with presumably fake reports and kept asking me whether I agreed to check my inventory or else I would have my account removed. In the end he told me to send my unusuals (which he said that could be duplicates) to another user with a new account and private information using a trade offer URL. This is the second accused. As soon as I started asking a more valid verification from his end he avoided the question at first and removed me afterwards.
    Sorry in advance for my reaction in the end, never had seen a scam method like this or couldn't find much so there was still slight doubt whether it could be real despite assuming it was a scam.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence listed below as attachment.​

First transcript from Flutterbat:
    [15:36] ƒȽɥƒƒ£ȑβåț ( sad ): hello
    are you there/
    [15:36] [PN] Blue the Persistent: yeah
    [15:36] ƒȽɥƒƒ£ȑβåț ( sad ): i really need to talk to you
    i may have done something on accident
    [15:37] [PN] Blue the Persistent: what happened?
    [15:37] ƒȽɥƒƒ£ȑβåț ( sad ): i reported you for having a duped items instead of someone else but it was a mistake
    [15:38] [PN] Blue the Persistent: not much should happen
    [15:38] ƒȽɥƒƒ£ȑβåț ( sad ): he banned my friend and my friend is very angry please dont get mad
    [15:38] [PN] Blue the Persistent: it's fine
    [15:38] ƒȽɥƒƒ£ȑβåț ( sad ): and now admin want to confirm
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/--NoonService---/
    add him and tell him it was a accidentally report he said you have 3 hours to add him so that he can confirm it was a mistake or your account will get banned i am sincerely sorry for the trouble
    [15:43] [PN] Blue the Persistent: the question is rather whether he accepts currently also can I see your friends account?
    [15:44] ƒȽɥƒƒ£ȑβåț ( sad ): he deleted her account already
    [15:44] [PN] Blue the Persistent: rip also I'm personally having trust issues with this person currently checking his background
    [15:44] ƒȽɥƒƒ£ȑβåț ( sad ): what
    [15:45] [PN] Blue the Persistent: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198356542263 I'm still waiting for him to accept
    [16:00] [PN] Blue the Persistent: I'm trusting you on this
    [16:20] [PN] Blue the Persistent: I presume this account is hijacked and else I'll have to treat it as hijacked
    and else I'll have to treat it as hijacked
    [17:03] [PN] Blue the Persistent: sorry for what's coming

Second with Noon:
    [15:46] : Hello good day.
    [15:46] [PN] Blue the Persistent: 'ello
    according flutterbat I had to contact you regarding a mistake on reporting someone else
    as she had by accident reported me
    [15:47] : Just exit your game.
    [15:47] [PN] Blue the Persistent: any particular reason I need to?
    [15:47] : Just online so that I can check your steam status.
    [15:48] [PN] Blue the Persistent: sure I guess
    any reason you need that?
    [15:49] : Give me a sec , I will check your steam account status
    https://steamusercontent-a.akamaihd...824/2BD9D8E7C7DFAD41CAB7FB3DC0028DF6C11D8B28/
    I have noticed that you have a pending deleting account report issued on your profile, random user(s) reported you for having dupplicated items.
    [15:55] [PN] Blue the Persistent: mind elaborating a bit more on that?
    [15:55] : Are you aware that if you cant prove yourself here that your item is in good condition your account will be deleted on steam permanently?
    [15:55] [PN] Blue the Persistent: how am I supposed to prove whether my items are in good condition?
    the only people who got a full overview of my backpack history is Valve themself
    [15:56] : You don't have to worry here if you really are not involved in the said issue. I will remove the pending ban understood?
    [15:57] [PN] Blue the Persistent: yeah
    [15:59] : All you need to do here is to make an appeal and prove that your item is in a good condition and it was a false accusation so that I will cancel the pending ban in your account is that clear
    [15:59] [PN] Blue the Persistent: yeah
    [16:04] : Items involved: All unusual items
    The majority of the reports includes your unusual items, there was no specific unusual so we might have to check all of it, are we clear?
    [16:04] [PN] Blue the Persistent: yup
    [16:05] : Thats why I am here to check and clarify if the said report is true or false and all you need to do here is prove that the reported item(s) are in good condition so I can remove the pending ban in your account, alright?
    [16:05] [PN] Blue the Persistent: I got that already earlier
    so my only question is, how are you planning to verify them at all?
    [16:06] : You need to appeal on Valve Item Checking team's program that is systematically locked by Valve and generated here : Here: https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=896214812&token=XPCKMh3I
    [16:07] [PN] Blue the Persistent: mind verifying this is truly from valve?
    as all Valve employees are supposed to have a badge verifying they're part of the team
    including community staff
    [16:08] : The program will implement system database action regarding the items that has been reported and the process of clarifying takes 2-3 minutes
    Badge is not allowed in the private investigation team cause it will affect the community item index virus on a duplicated/bugged items.
    I have already give you my power and capabilities here so that you can trust me on this process.
    [16:08] [PN] Blue the Persistent: so far I'm informed item duplication is a scam method which has existed for long
    and mind you I've only seen a picture showing the tools in a browser
    I'd rather ask to show this inside the steam client to validate
    [16:10] : Note this is not a duplicated or bugged items in the community market or in a trading website but there is a random user that reported you that's why I am here to check and clarify if the said issue is true or false accusation is that clear?
    [16:10] [PN] Blue the Persistent: I already understood that
    but I would ask one thing, do you work on the word of a report with or without proof?
    as it could be a witch trial at this rate
    I can already tell that I
    *I've quitted trading hats long time ago
    and never owned a single PE unusual, neither traded for it
    and I know influencing the market by compromising the item database is a offense by law
    so my question stands, why go on the word of an user?
    I've got nothing to gain

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2018
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. [M&C] TheBluekr

Steam:
    Sorry for that and yes, I got first contacted on that account.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Have you had any prior conversations with this user? still talking to them? How long have you been friends?
  5. [M&C] TheBluekr

Steam:
    I've never had any prior issues with the first user. I didn't talk often but if we did it was pretty alright. And I can't recall for how long she's been on my friendslist, but I expect about half a year, maybe longer but not more than one and a half year for sure.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Well just for the sake of argument - strike up some more conversation over the next 24hours - I have a feeling that account may have been hijacked.
  7. [M&C] TheBluekr

Steam:
    I'll try and report back once I got some more info.
  8. [M&C] TheBluekr

Steam:

Attached Files:

9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Lol ok thanks
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.