1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198333245782 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by IArePanda, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IArePanda

IArePanda New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:98831358
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198333245782

Victim profile: 76561198157928445

What happened? Description:
    What I would assumed happened here is that one of my friends account got hijacked and they message people around to go to that "steam admin" Now. Yes it was a friend. I've had them added for a year and I know how they are. No way they'd interact me with "bro." THIS REPORT ISN'T ABOUT THE HIJACKED ACCOUNT. I'm talking of this fake steam. I was told i got reported for a duped item and my account will be banned. This is where the steam admin came in. Not only they said they'd ban me if i don't appeal, they also wanted to "check my items" as to see they are not duped. This user has not been banned on steamrep. The bot hasn't been banned on steamrep either. I doubt it matter what item game they tried to steal from, i would assume they ask for anything just to get money.​

Provide Evidence:
    Here are the chat logs. "Bubblegum" is the hijacked account. PLEASE do not do anything about them in steamrep, i'm sure they'll get their account back in time and it'll be fine. I will show a screenshot of the hijacker telling me to add the admin. Pictures that the item isn't duped, that the user hasn't been banned and another chatlog from discord that a friend of mine says has happened to him.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @IArePanda You made this report backwards..you should always report the user you were FIRST in contact with then reference others.
    Doing so like this backwards makes things difficult to review.
    How do you know the other account is hijacked? You don't know that so that is the account you should report.
    I'll need to know that accounts info SR profile block please.

Also what bot?? You've completely left out lots of info on this report - need the SR profile block of the bot too and the trade offer URL they gave you posted here.
  3. IArePanda

IArePanda New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:98831358
    Ironically. You banned that friend of mine. The profile that was called "Bubblegum" has been changed to the fake admin i reported.

| steamname: GoV-LADY-V A L V E
    | steam3ID: [U:1:37719944]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:18859972
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997985672
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Assistances-Lady
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197997985672

This is their steamrep ID and a screenshot of them changing names. I've been friends with that user for a while, i've known that profile, for a while. I know how they've talked, for a while. There is no reason for them to randomly change their name, start acting differently and attempt to scam. This is why it might probably be a hijack.

Let's say everything passed, let's say it was indeed that person and they wanted to scam. The profile they've linked me, which i reported in the post above still stands with no ban. Even though it's clearly the same exact profile and the same admin they're trying to act as. That bot i linked was their "item verification bot" which you send your items to, and get scammed.

Attached Files:

4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Can you give me the info on the bot pls?
    @IArePanda
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @IArePanda You are online at this moment - please follow up with that request.
    Thanks!
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Abandoning the report is not good... you will need to contact me prior to submission of any new reports here to explain why you did so.'
    Accepting as is.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.